Denim for Dutch Nokia 1520

Eric Roeland

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Will there ever be a Denim update for an unbranded Lumia 1520 in the Netherlands.
I did not buy the most expensive Nokia to be the last in line. Can anybody confirm it will be released and when?
Thank you.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Wekom bij WC Eric,

Yes it will be released (why shouldn't it be) but nobody here can tell you when because we are not Microsoft.
I understand your question but the only thing you can do is wait till it is released by Microsoft.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Eric...

Glad you found your way here. Check some of the other threads in this forum.

Denim has rolled out for RM-937 (which I assume to be your model) in some areas, also in the US for RM-940 and most (but not all) Latin America Country Variants of RM-938. Users are have some glitchiness, especially with capacitive button lights and some screen touch issues. None of these updates could be considered "early" in the release cycle and 1520 users around the world have had to be patient.

Hopefully Microsoft is getting some bug patches together and your release will come soon and trouble free.

Eric Roeland

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
thanks for the quick response. I know that a lot of countries got the update. I know the branded ones got updates. The one I have a Dutch, non branded version is still in the dark. That is the one I am looking for. :)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
thanks for the quick response. I know that a lot of countries got the update. I know the branded ones got updates. The one I have a Dutch, non branded version is still in the dark. That is the one I am looking for. :)

Yes I know in the Netherlands only the 1520 (and 1020) did not get the update yet (and all other types got it already)
And in de rest of Europe they got the update for the 1520 except in Belgium there the 1520 is also still on CYAN.

What can I say other the "Geduld is een schone zaak".

Last edited:

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the Belgium RM-937_eu_belgium_962 version, and mine is still on Cyan.
I do have patience, but since every other version already has Denim i would be very happy if mine got the update too.

Eric Roeland

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
It start to look like the Samsung Androids.
You pay the most and get the least. All top models in the Netherlands are treated as if they were the cheapest.
Ah well, maybe this iPhone hater should consider moving over to ... A ... A... App... No, I can not even type the name. :grin:

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I start to look like the Samsung Androids.
You pay the most and get the least. All top models in the Netherlands are treated as if they were the cheapest.
Ah well, maybe this iPhone hater should consider moving over to ... A ... A... App... No, I can not even type the name. :grin:

I just checked the MS site and i saw that the Dutch 1020 got the DENIM so there is some movement.
So now only the 1520 is on the "wait" list.

Eric Roeland

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but this was for sure my last expensive Lumia. I go back to Android or the cheapest Lumia. They got the updates first!
I find it rather annoying that I pay so much money for a device and get last in line for an update. That is like paying for the most expensive ticket and sit at the back of the theater.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, it isn't like you have a piece of sh*t device without the update, i still love it, but it just takes so long.
My wife's L520 already had the update about three months ago, so i am eagerly checking everyday because i would love to see the difference in the camera for instance.
I am a very patient man, but it's always terrible to be the last in line when everbody else already have gotten their presents.

dehaanp

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I totally feel your frustation. Me and my wife both have a 1520. Mine is French and got the Denim update half a year ago, my wife's 1520 is Belgium and she has been waiting forever. Normally I am not that annoyed about getting updates late, but the Denim update does make a difference. I just do not understand why it is taking Microsoft so long to get this out. Extremely annoying. :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte