Why doesn't my Nokia Lumia 1020 have audio or volume control?

andy3040

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 has no audio or volume control

Hi,

I have been having a serious issue with my Lumia 1020 there is no audio from the phone what so ever. I cant hear people when they ring and they cant hear me. The phone does not let me play music on it or play videos unless I go onto the internet and look at a youtube video but there is still no sound from it. Another issue is that when I go onto the camera app and select to take a video the phone closes its self out of the app. It does this same thing in other apps were I try to play any type of audio. There is no volume control because when the buttons are pressed a small gray strip across the top of the screen appears and goes away after a couple of seconds. Mechanically the buttons work as a have performed multiple master resets on the phone which involves using the volume down button. I have replaced the main loud speaker on the phone, the microphone earpiece and headphone jack and the problem still persists. Also plugging headphones in has no effect on the phone it does not recognize them at all.

I have updated the phone to the latest software.

To me it is some sort of software problem, but having reset the phone to factory setting multiple time using different methods. I would have though it would have fixed the problem.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 has no audio or volume control

This is a common issue but i have a solution.Remove the back panel and notice there is a sticker in the earphone slot.Press it properly in proper alignment.Now try it and the earphones are detected

andy3040

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your reply.

I am not too sure what sticker you mean. I took the screen off and had a look around the earphone slot but I couldn't see a sticker. The problem seems to be a generic audio problem. Anything that uses audio does not work.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

This is a common issue but i have a solution.Remove the back panel and notice there is a sticker in the earphone slot.Press it properly in proper alignment.Now try it and the earphones are detected

What back panel? How to remove back panel of L1020?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I have been having a serious issue with my Lumia 1020 there is no audio from the phone what so ever. I cant hear people when they ring and they cant hear me. The phone does not let me play music on it or play videos unless I go onto the internet and look at a youtube video but there is still no sound from it. Another issue is that when I go onto the camera app and select to take a video the phone closes its self out of the app. It does this same thing in other apps were I try to play any type of audio. There is no volume control because when the buttons are pressed a small gray strip across the top of the screen appears and goes away after a couple of seconds. Mechanically the buttons work as a have performed multiple master resets on the phone which involves using the volume down button. I have replaced the main loud speaker on the phone, the microphone earpiece and headphone jack and the problem still persists. Also plugging headphones in has no effect on the phone it does not recognize them at all.

I have updated the phone to the latest software.

To me it is some sort of software problem, but having reset the phone to factory setting multiple time using different methods. I would have though it would have fixed the problem.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

You could try re-installing the OS on your phone using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. However, if that still does not work, it could already be a hardware problem. Take your phone to a service center and have it diagnosed and repaired there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon