[L930] Internet sharing missing [Perhaps Solved]

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been enjoying WP8.1.1 with denim on my Lumia 930 for about a month now, and just thought of enabling internet sharing to test it out, when i noticed that that option is no longer available under settings > system. I am using RM-1045 (international unlocked), CV NL. Anybody knows what's going on? Am i not looking at the right places?

Last edited:

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: internet sharing option missing

yeah.... that's exactly where I don't see any "Internet sharing" item in the list of settings!!! Mine is unlocked country variant (Netherlands), so carriers should not come into the picture..... anyone on the same ROM having this problem?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

yeah.... that's exactly where I don't see any "Internet sharing" item in the list of settings!!! Mine is unlocked country variant (Netherlands), so carriers should not come into the picture..... anyone on the same ROM having this problem?

If you're up for it you could try using the recovery tool and see if it fixes this.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

I know it's a pain but sometimes things go screwy with updates. I've used that software a few times with my L920 to fix issues. I know most people hate using it.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the try....

but I did something that fixed the problem (totally bemused with the fix btw)... taking a cue from http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...disappeared-menu-after-reset-lumia-925-a.html, I installed the access point app and rebooted. Tried going into access point, but it complained that Access point only supports earlier versions of the OS..... no luck..... but lo and behold, I now have internet sharing option under settings!! ...... AND, I saw that my SSID was configured as something that I had seen appear on my laptop as an option for wireless connection earlier!! So not sure why it went off, and why it came back.... but happy nonetheless.....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the try....

but I did something that fixed the problem (totally bemused with the fix btw)... taking a cue from http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...disappeared-menu-after-reset-lumia-925-a.html, I installed the access point app and rebooted. Tried going into access point, but it complained that Access point only supports earlier versions of the OS..... no luck..... but lo and behold, I now have internet sharing option under settings!! ...... AND, I saw that my SSID was configured as something that I had seen appear on my laptop as an option for wireless connection earlier!! So not sure why it went off, and why it came back.... but happy nonetheless.....

Good to hear you now have internet sharing.
Here one more "tip"
If you have paired your 930 with your laptop/PC and both have bluetooth enabled you always see the SSID from your phone on your PC.(even of you have internet sharing disabled on your phone)
And of you tap on the phones ssid on your pc you will automatically connect to your phones hotspot or in other words the internet sharing will be automatically enabled.
Now for a PC this feature is not really needed but for a tablet or laptop this feature makes it easy if you want to connect to the internet , if you are one the road.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
yeah... the reason for the internet sharing was to use some music apps that WP does not yet have (saavn from India, to be specific).... I wanted to test if I could use my wifi only iPad (or a cheap Android phone) for that pupose....

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, it seems my carrier has locked me out of tethering... From what I read, since Win 8.1, carriers can get rid of the option of sharing entirely based on the SIM card, even if it not a carrier modified ROM! That sucks....

I am on Cricket in California, btw.....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, it seems my carrier has locked me out of tethering... From what I read, since Win 8.1, carriers can get rid of the option of sharing entirely based on the SIM card, even if it not a carrier modified ROM! That sucks....

I am on Cricket in California, btw.....

Sorry to hear, I thought for a while you where Dutch because of the county variant of your phone
Actual that does not really matter because it still sucks.
But thanks for the feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans