Lumia 535 fresh out of the box - dead???

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought a Lumia 535 today. Put the battery in (just the battery) and tried to charge it. It's on the charger for ~1h now and screen still has not turned on. I also can not start it via the on/off button... Am I doing anything wrong?

Charger is working (at least on my 920 and 1020 it works).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought a Lumia 535 today. Put the battery in (just the battery) and tried to charge it. It's on the charger for ~1h now and screen still has not turned on. I also can not start it via the on/off button... Am I doing anything wrong?

Charger is working (at least on my 920 and 1020 it works).

Make sure that the battery is aligned correctly and that the battery has a tight fit.

Usually, a phone is tested (in the presence of the customer) before it is given to the customer. One of the most common (and easiest) tests done is the charging test since this is a good indication that the phone is basically functional. Once the phone turns on (as a consequence of being plugged in), the customer is then usually given the liberty to test out a few basic features, such as SIM Card recognition and signal reception. It seems that none of these tests were made available to you where you bought it. Where did you buy your L535?

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought it via amazon (from amazon directly, not a marketplace vendor) for my mum

Edit: I plugged it into my PC now and Windows did install something. But it's still like dead

Edit2: I now pushed the on/off switch + Volume down and at least there is a Microsoft picture now. Is there a hard reset button combo?

Edit3: seems to work now. Weird that I had to reset it first with the key combo

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought it via amazon (from amazon directly, not a marketplace vendor) for my mum

Edit: I plugged it into my PC now and Windows did install something. But it's still like dead

Edit2: I now pushed the on/off switch + Volume down and at least there is a Microsoft picture now. Is there a hard reset button combo?

Edit3: seems to work now. Weird that I had to reset it first with the key combo

Thanks for updating us with your findings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium