New Lumia 535 restored from 620 account now has 2 columns of tiles, how to get 3?

Lynton Towler

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,
Thanks for taking the time to read.
I owned a Lumia 620 for around 18 months before it fell out of my pocket and smashed.
As a replacement I bought the similar although slightly larger 535.
I installed the SIM and SD card from my old phone and went through the 535 setup procedure at first switch on.
The setup offered the ability to restore my phone from a backup tied to my "Live" account so of course I said yes hoping it would save me a whole lot of work setting things up again.

Everything is working great apart from the fact the screen is stuck in 2 column tiles mode and the "Show more Tiles" option is missing so I have no way of changing it.

My guess is this has been caused by the restore from my 620 settings as that was in 2 column mode by default.

I'd rather not reset the phone and have to go through all the settings manually in order to restore 3 columns so is there a way to work around this?

I have applied all available windows updates to the 535 but the option "Show more Tiles" doesn't appear so what to do?

Kind Regards

Lynton

England, UK

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is another feature this phone is missing.
My 535 doesn't have this either.

Your phone screen should have room for 3 tiles across by default however.

Last edited:

Lynton Towler

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for the answer Guytronic. Indeed the screen does have room for another column so making 3 in total but I have no way of enabling the 3rd column. I think the issue has been caused by the settings restore process described above as those settings came from a 2 column enabled 620.
So rather than resetting the phone and loosing all my data (text messages call history etc) that came back as part of the restore I wondered if there was some way of maybe just resetting the screen to factory default rather than the whole phone?

Regards

Lynton

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Strange indeed Lynton and welcome by the way.

It should be possible to touch and hold then drag tiles to the empty column.
Then again with the many problems the 535 is seeing with it's touch screen I can see how this may be an odd glitch.
Will a soft reset help in any way?

Lynton Towler

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes it was weird. In the end nothing worked apart from resetting the phone and opting NOT to do a restore from backup.
Of course I ended up having to set everything up manually but I. Now have 3 columns :)

Lynton

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos