Incorrect FLASH timings after Denim update - Lumia 730

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Before the full denim update the performance of camera was very well in all conditions.

But after the full denim update I have noticed that sometimes with auto focus and manual focus the flash is not fired correctly.

Sometimes when an image is clicked, the flash id not fired in one go like it was before (two flashes with very less time interval). It is fired, like once then a pause and then another flash and then photo is captured.

Here are the two samples pictures that I have clicked

1drv.ms/1GKDJfv

1drv.ms/19Dluf3

Anyone having the same problem like this when capturing documents and other things with default camera app ? I also tried this with Lumia Camera but the same thing happens. Please help !

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that the double flash you see is because in the camera app you set.
"Focus assist light"
In Lumia camera
Push the 3 dots ...
Go to settings
Directly under Pictures you see a setting for "Focus assist light"

In Camera
Push ...
Go to photo settings
Swipe to the bottom and there is the "focus assist"

Apart from that try to take pictures with out a flash.

Overkill_001

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 and a 1520, and neither have Denim yet, so don't take what I have to say as Gospel, but by your description, the flash behavior sounds like one of two things: The focus assist light as mentioned by Harrie-S, or, if you're absolutely sure it's not the focus assist light, it sounds like the typical flash pattern for a point-and-shoot camera's "anti-red eye" feature. Does your camera app have an anti-red eye (sometimes called "red-eye reduction") option?

Nishant Kukreja

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes I facing the same issue. Also some times flash fires only one time, two or three. Due to this the low light images are hell. I am flashing the old firmware back till the suitable update is released.

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Even with focus assist off it happens.

Try to focus on an object from at least 20cm away from it and take a picture. And then go close to the object with same focus. The same thing will happen i.e. White photo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea