Why can't I view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 830?

rjp1977

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Can't view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 830

I have an issue with my Lumia 830's after updating to the latest OS and apps. They are running 8.10.14219.341. When they are then connected to any PC (mix of 7 and 8.1) they appear in Windows Explorer but when you click on them there is nothing to browse so can't copy off photos and videos. Also, if you try using the Windows Phone App for Desktop then it will not connect and asks for you to unlock the phone, even though it is unlocked.

The only way round this that I have found so far is to completely reset the phone. Once this is done you can connect and browse until the OS is updated.

Are others having this issue? It seems to me to be a problem with compatibility between the OS's but happy to be proved wrong if it's just a setting that I need to change!

Thanks.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 830

I have an issue with my Lumia 830's after updating to the latest OS and apps. They are running 8.10.14219.341. When they are then connected to any PC (mix of 7 and 8.1) they appear in Windows Explorer but when you click on them there is nothing to browse so can't copy off photos and videos. Also, if you try using the Windows Phone App for Desktop then it will not connect and asks for you to unlock the phone, even though it is unlocked.

The only way round this that I have found so far is to completely reset the phone. Once this is done you can connect and browse until the OS is updated.

Are others having this issue? It seems to me to be a problem with compatibility between the OS's but happy to be proved wrong if it's just a setting that I need to change!

Thanks.

I sometimes have the issue and it shows as mtp access problem.Had tried everything but found that restarting the phone solved the problem.It directly works in 7 and 8.

rjp1977

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 830

Hi
This is a constant issue and neither a soft or hard reboot solves the issue unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786