lumia 925 bricked - should i get a L640XL

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So my Lumia 925 is completely bricked and won't turn on anymore or do anything. I have been playing with the thought of getting a bigger phone for a while and that's where the Lumia 640 XL comes in.

Just out of curiosity, would it be more of a downgrade or a side grade - performance wise and such.
My other alternative would be getting an LG G3 as that phone is just bomb with all its specs and the way it looks, plus I've never owned any other smartphone but a wp (i'm 23 and my first smartphone was the LG Optimus 7...good ol' times).

I'm planning in coming back to WP as soon as MS (or any other OEM for that matter) offers a solid high end phone on wp 10.

What say you? :amaze:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It would be between a "down" grade and a upgrade.
But it depends what you find important.
Processor wise they are about the same.
The 640 has a larger display but the 925 has more ppi than the 640.
Camera wise the 925 is "better" but the 640 has a "better" selfie (front) camera
Battery wise the 640xl is better.
The 640xl has less internal memory but SD support.
The 925 can be charged with QI but the 640xl not.
(But I think with the 640XL you may get a year long office 365 for free)
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL vs Nokia Lumia 925 - Phone specs comparison
If you find battery live and size important but camera and ppi not then the 640 is an upgrade.

The LG has indeed an impressive spec.

If you buy the LG and only use it for about a year ( or less) till a windows phone flagship comes is I think a waste of money.

d3ac0n

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
640XL will be an upgrade. On paper the have the equal core specs (cpu power, RAM and gpu) but the XL has better peripherals: camera, battery expandable storage. And added screen real-estate. I dont know how it would look ppi wise, but I would assume adequate.

On the other hand, if you go the android way, please, please dont get the G3. Spec wise is awesome, but user experience is, well no nice way to put it: Sh!tty. Lags, overheats, screen is dim due to overheating, general feel is meh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05