How can I pair a Panasonic cordless phone with my Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Pairing Panasoic cordless phone and Lumia 635

I'm try to pair my panasonic kx-tge263 cordless phone with my nokia lumia 635, but it doesn't seem to find it.
The panasonic manual explains the procedure very clearly, but my 635 can't find it.
1. -- I set the menu to #6241 and the "cell 1" light blinks on the panasonic base. That means I have 5 minutes to pair my cell phone.
2. -- I open the bluetooth screen on my 635. It finds all kinds of things in my house to pair with (a couple Roku's, other cell phones, and some computers), but not the panasonic cordless.
I've also tried getting into bluetooth on my 635 first and then the panasonic cordless, but no luck there either.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pairing Panasoic cordless phone and Lumia 635

Please check page 10 from your Panasonic quick manual

Depending on the compatibility of the cellular phone, you may not be able to pair it to the base unit. For more information, please visit panasonic.com/link2cell.

According to this info on the Panasonic site Lumia phones are not compatible so you can not pair them.
link2cell - Panasonic Canada

gtx_slotcar

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your help. I couldn't get your first link2cell link to work, but I finally got my phone to pair with it. My old LG G2x pair with it right away and so did my wife's Lumia 521. I'm not sure if mine just finally decided to see the Panasonic cordless of if it's because of what I did. Under the Advanced tab I set it to use a different audio source, then exited the phone. Then I went back to the Bluetooth settings and so it would search for devices and then set the Panasonic to look for it. It connected right away and then I undid the audio setting so it didn't use a different audio source.
It's all good now. Both Lumia phones work fine with the cordless.

ChadGW

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

I have a Panasonic link2cell and a Nokia 920. They pair well but when paired, Cortana doesn't work. She cannot hear me. Do you have this issue too?

Chad

Thanks for your help. I couldn't get your first link2cell link to work, but I finally got my phone to pair with it. My old LG G2x pair with it right away and so did my wife's Lumia 521. I'm not sure if mine just finally decided to see the Panasonic cordless of if it's because of what I did. Under the Advanced tab I set it to use a different audio source, then exited the phone. Then I went back to the Bluetooth settings and so it would search for devices and then set the Panasonic to look for it. It connected right away and then I undid the audio setting so it didn't use a different audio source.
It's all good now. Both Lumia phones work fine with the cordless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99