How do I remove English UK language?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to remove English UK language?

hi guys...
I flashed my lumia 520 and updated it yesterday. I was able to use cortana before, but now, despite of setting region and format to United states and English US, its not working anymore...
It says:
I'm afraid i'm not available to help in your region with the language you've chosen.

And also I've to mention that I'm not able to remove English UK from languages... English US is above it, but remove option is disabled for English UK.
I see cortana in applications menu and in settings, but the slider for enabling cortana is disabled. The text below slider is:
Disabled due to your combination of region and language settings not being supported

I'm sure it's related to not being able to remove English UK from languages...
Can you help me please?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to remove English UK language?

What is your setting for speech. US or UK English.
Did you flash with the Lumia or Windows Software Recovery Tool or did you flash your ROM?
If you flashed your ROM could it be that something went wrong.

Now sometimes during an update you can get a glitch so you could consider a hard reset.

arashone

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

What is your setting for speech. US or UK English.
Did you flash with the Lumia or Windows Software Recovery Tool or did you flash your ROM?
If you flashed your ROM could it be that something went wrong.

Now sometimes during an update you can get a glitch so you could consider a hard reset.

I found now it looks that English US is sth like empty! I remember when i started phone for first time after flash (using nokia software recovery tool) i saw a strange language menu with only a few languages including english uk, without english us...

Now what's your opinion about giving a hard reset?! Jesus, Cruelty of human nation on me and my poor lumia 520???! Forgive me my phone...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

If you added English US later you still need to do a download.
Go to settings
Phone updates
And see if there is an update waiting if so download it.
And see what happens.

If US English is like you say "empty" then windows phone does not let you delete UK English because if you would do it you would have "no" language on your phone.

arashone

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

If you added English US later you still need to do a download.
Go to settings
Phone updates
And see if there is an update waiting if so download it.
And see what happens.

If US English is like you say "empty" then windows phone does not let you delete UK English because if you would do it you would have "no" language on your phone.

yes that's right... it's weird behavior/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos