Lumia 830 camera question

acrodex

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new L830. Everything works well except one thing: When I open the camera or close it, I hear very light click sounds (two when I start the camera and one when I close it), like shutter sound, but much lighter. Is it normal? My old L920 didn't have this kind of sound.

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I was going to say that's weird, but after checking it seems I also hear one very, very soft click upon opening the camera on my 830, though only if I literally put my ear against the camera. Nothing upon closing the camera though... If you hear it from normal distances you must have some very good ears.

acrodex

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In a quiet environment, I could hear them in normal operation distance, although they are soft. If you didn't hear any when you switch away from the camera app, then I think I may have to go to store to check out the display models.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thought that was weird, but you're right. Placing my ear in close proximity to the camera upon its opening, I can hear a very faint click, nothing bad sounding though. I think it may be the shutter priming or opening. Nothing on exiting the app though.

If it's not overly loud or disrupting the camera's performance, I don't think it's much of a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb