How can I delete storage sense on my Lumia 920?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 920 System Memory in Storage Sense

Checked storage sense and went to system. Mine says "These files make your phone work. You dont want to delete them. Trust us."

Sooooo... How the frack can I delete, or if not, reduce this madafaka. I aint gonna go buddha on this, this dude has to hit the road.

Im on the 920 model, which is 'NOT EXPANDABLE' i might add. And 'System' eats 5gb of my Int Mem. I cant live mutually with this this dude. Please save me.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 System Memory in Storage Sense

Checked storage sense and went to system. Mine says "These files make your phone work. You dont want to delete them. Trust us."

Sooooo... How the frack can I delete, or if not, reduce this madafaka. I aint gonna go buddha on this, this dude has to hit the road.

Im on the 920 model, which is 'NOT EXPANDABLE' i might add. And 'System' eats 5gb of my Int Mem. I cant live mutually with this this dude. Please save me.

Hard reset it.It's actually files that make your phone work.Probably you use wifi to update your phone for every updates.Rarely happens if you use NSU.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

There is no need to do a hard reset for the moment first do below staps.
Go to storage sense storage.
Then delete temporary files (even if it shows 0)
And also delete IE history.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Windows Central.

Harrie-S's suggestions are the best ways to free up storage from your phone. The "notorious" other storage will also be partially (if not fully) cleared if your opt to delete the Temporary files from your phone from Storage Sense. But if you really want to attempt to decrease the space occupied by "System", you could try uninstalling a few apps that you no longer need... doing this will most likely not reduce the size of the "System" significantly, but you'll definitely free up more space (from the "Apps" section).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs