How can I get Skype to work on my Lumia 535?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

skype doesn't seem to work

dual sim lumia 535 -It was perfectly fine until I turned on the battery saver, and then it had problems receiving whatsapp messages due to this, so I turned it off. Now I don't get the alerts and notification sounds on whatsapp.
Then there is skype. Since SIM 1 doesn't seem to have network coverage over the area , I tried changing the data streaming to SIM 2 which had coverage.(Settings>mobile+sim>data sim) Even then when I used skype it didn't seem to work. Does anyone know what to do?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: skype doesn't seem to work

dual sim lumia 535 -It was perfectly fine until I turned on the battery saver, and then it had problems receiving whatsapp messages due to this, so I turned it off. Now I don't get the alerts and notification sounds on whatsapp.
Then there is skype. Since SIM 1 doesn't seem to have network coverage over the area , I tried changing the data streaming to SIM 2 which had coverage.(Settings>mobile+sim>data sim) Even then when I used skype it didn't seem to work. Does anyone know what to do?

Welcome to Windows Central. Our debugging process may involve more than one reply, so it would be recommendable to create a Windows Central account so you could track and reply to responses to your query easily.

I've got a L535 and Skype is working as expected - notifications are being pushed normally, as long as I have a stable internet connection. I've got WhatsApp, too, and there seems to be no problems with it.

Have you tried connecting your phone to a WiFi router? The L535 GSM/3G/3.5G antenna doesn't seem to be as efficient as, say, the antenna in the L1020, so data reception will not be "perfect" while using mobile data compared to WiFi. Try connecting your phone to WiFi and observe the behavior of your Skype and WhatsApp.

Other things you can try are a restart and a soft reset.
Restart - power off, power on
Soft Reset - press and hold volume down and power buttons together until your phone reboots

A hard reset is not called for at this moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99