Anyone using a Bluetooth Camera Shutter remote?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Subject says it all. Wife want s a selfie stick so thought I'd see if the 830 can use the BT remotes?

Any suggested models or places? Seeing a lot for other phones, but nothing so far for win8.1.

Thanks

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, msoft store only shows the white-orange mini, does that do it too? It has the circles that suggest it has a button, but typically msoft is leaving us a lot to guess about. :)

Probably should just get it and if it doesn't do the shutter then let them pay to ship it back. DUH! I am nuts to expect better form a msoft website?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, msoft store only shows the white-orange mini, does that do it too? It has the circles that suggest it has a button, but typically msoft is leaving us a lot to guess about. :)

Probably should just get it and if it doesn't do the shutter then let them pay to ship it back. DUH! I am nuts to expect better form a msoft website?

The treasure tag WS2 does work as a remote shutter but only for the Lumia Selfie app
Lumia Selfie | Windows Phone Apps & games Store (Nederland)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think a budget used device like a 520 paired via Remote Viewfinder | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) is a better bet. Use a tripod mount for the main phone and take advantage of the more powerful rear camera. The 520 becomes a trigger and what you see on the 520 screen is what you get. Easier framing, more flexibility, better MP capture than a front cam "selfie."

Also get lots of mileage out of a 520 as a dedicated SIM-free device. See the Project: Five2Oh link in my signature. Lumia 520 is plentiful and inexpensive ATM.

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth camera shutter remotes use Bluetooth HID profile. In other words the devices act like a key being pressed on a keyboard. Windows Phone does not support HID but that is one of the features rumored in the WP8.1 GDR 2 update. That probably will not make it to Windows Phones before Windows 10.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think a budget used device like a 520 paired via Remote Viewfinder | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) is a better bet. Use a tripod mount for the main phone and take advantage of the more powerful rear camera. The 520 becomes a trigger and what you see on the 520 screen is what you get. Easier framing, more flexibility, better MP capture than a front cam "selfie."

Also get lots of mileage out of a 520 as a dedicated SIM-free device. See the Project: Five2Oh link in my signature. Lumia 520 is plentiful and inexpensive ATM.

Great suggestion. Another good one is to use the Voice Camera app. Just say shoot, cheese, or whatever word you wanna program and the camera's shutter will activate on command. I've used it with beaches, waterfalls, etc behind me and the app worked everytime.

Voice Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans