My Nokia lumia 620 is unusable as a mobile phone mode since the last update installed one month ago. The Lumia does not see the Sim card and keep stuck to Airplane mode. When tried to switch the airplane mode off it keep switching rapidly to on and off for a few minutes until it locks back to airplane mode again. My sim card works well in another mobile phone. I have gone on some forums where this issue has been raised and no remedy has been found. I am thus making an appeal so that this a remedy is found for this issue a.s.a.p so that I can use my phone again. Actually it works only in WiFi mode as a tablet.

N. Andre
    03-31-2015 04:25 AM
    My Nokia lumia 620 is unusable as a mobile phone mode since the last update installed one month ago. The Lumia does not see the Sim card and keep stuck to Airplane mode. When tried to switch the airplane mode off it keep switching rapidly to on and off for a few minutes until it locks back to airplane mode again. My sim card works well in another mobile phone. I have gone on some forums where this issue has been raised and no remedy has been found. I am thus making an appeal so that this a remedy is found for this issue a.s.a.p so that I can use my phone again. Actually it works only in WiFi mode as a tablet.

N. Andre
    Hard reset the phone by going to settings-about
    03-31-2015 04:38 AM
    Already tried hard reset. No change. I think only an update of the windows version can cure the problem. The fault appear after the last update to 8.1.
    03-31-2015 05:37 AM
    Hard reset the phone by going to settings-about
    Hard Reset is not a universal cure-all. It is a possibility after other diagnostic methods are tried and found lacking. It should be far down the list from first-place-go-to-every-time. It's like someone having a flu and recommending lobotomy.

My research into this issue suggests that recent updates may be causing SIM errors. Try a new SIM from your carrier. You may also think about having your SIM tray replaced by professional repair if the new SIM does not solve the problem.
    Harrie-S, xandros9 and gpobernardo like this.
    03-31-2015 10:30 AM
    Here is another solution presenting itself that might help as well...

Read the post that comes up on the link and some of the following ones... It involves a reset of the Daughterboard Bridge.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2853178
    Harrie-S and gpobernardo like this.
    03-31-2015 04:48 PM
    Changing the SIM card does not change anything. Anyway the card is detected on restart and the pin code is requested. The issue is that it does not find the network and stuck to airplane mode. my last update to Denim did not cure the issue also. I am wandering if I will downgrade to Black. How can I do that?
    04-06-2015 09:26 AM
    I finally made a full reinstall through the Nokia Software updater, which also downgrade my Nokia 620 from Denim to Cyan and I am happy to say that my phone works again. But I am still anxious for the further update. Only hope everything will go fine now.
    For all those who has experienced the same problem as me , I recommend you to give a try to this. You need a PC with windows 7 or later. Go to the monwindowsphone.com website to connect with NSU.
    Don't forget to backup your stuff to the cloud before proceeding.

Good luck everyone.
    04-07-2015 06:21 AM