Got my hands on a rare yellow Nokia back cover!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So I had all the commercially available back covers for the Lumia 830 (orange, green, black, white) and have fully enjoyed every one of them, switching whenever I feel like it.

About a month or so ago I found an AT&T Lumia 830 on sale on Ebay along with 3 back covers, green, black, and this very rare yellow Nokia back cover with qi wireless charging that was used in market testing but never released commercially (for some strange reason). Unfortunately the seller wasn't willing to sell the yellow cover on its own, so I had to buy the entire bundle for it. Did so, kept this yellow back cover and sold everything else on Ebay.

If anyone is familiar with the Lumia 920 and 1520's yellow variants, this one is a bit different. It's a more neon, paler yellow, kind of in line with the orange and green back covers. It's not the canary yellow of previous Lumia models. If anyone has seen the bright yellow cover for the Lumia 635, it's kinda like that, only matte.

I was thinking of custom coloring a white back cover yellow myself until I stumbled upon this one. Might still try and custom color a cyan one, but by all accounts it won't turn out anywhere near as well as original OEM ones like this.

yellow_830_4.pngyellow_830_3.pngyellow_830_2.pngyellow_830_1.pngyellow_830.png

Frank Mih

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks very funky and overall amazing, can't wait for it coming to UK.
I missed this shade of yellow on Lumias really. I didn't want to go for an official boring black or white covers and also green and orange looked abit childish for me. The bright cold yellow gives your phone some sort of exclusive sort of accent.
And it also drags more attention of public��
Cant wait really

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it fluorescent yellow? That's how it looks in the pics. If so, that's EXTREMELY cool.

I would say so, more close to fluorescent/neon than plain yellow. I'd describe it as "highlighter yellow." Much like the orange and green covers for the same phone. I like changing the phone's color (along with the accent color) every month, so it's great having a fifth color to choose from now :D

Last edited:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's gorgeous!

I have a yellow 920 and love it but just got the an $199 AT&T 830 and only have the green & black covers. Love the green back but wish I could also have the yellow. Cyan would look awesome too! Why can't the MS store sell these things???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05