Where's my phone number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
TMo Sim went bad yesterday for some reason so I have put in an old one for a local carrier so I can make calls until the replacement arrives tomorrow.

Can't remember the phone number and can't find it in the phone. I found some posts on
Settings
.About.
..Nothing !!
Phone
.Settings
..Nothing !!

Has Msoft, win8.1 and/or L-830 stopped telling us our own phone number? Weird, hardly a security risk. :D

Msoft programmers make me scratch my head.

Anyone?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Um, thanks, I think. I mentioned I had tried them.

I can't call out as I need the number to get the local carrier to activate the account again. And, guess what? The account number is the phone number with the last four of my SS#. Catch-22, well, except for the SS# - that I do have. But they will not give me the number just using my name. {sigh} I suggested giving them the IEMI # but that fell flat too.

Dare I be so bold to suggest to anyone wishing to be helpful, first go to their 830 and find the number. Then, if found, post here as I suspect it is not available, but I have been wrong before.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's how it works on my 830:

From start screen:

right-swipe to scrolling app list
select "phone"
expand bottom menu by touching the 3-dots
select "settings"
"My phone number" is listed at top.

I have the full Denim update if that perhaps makes a difference. More likely, the phone doesn't know the phone number until the SIM is properly registered and activated on the network...so you've got a catch-22 issue.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks TLR, my RM-985 with the crippled Denim shows

SETTINGS
phone
Use default Voice Mail number
On
1-800...
Show my caller ID to
No one
Call Forwarding
Off
Text reply
Off
International assist
Off
SIM Security
On
Fixed Dialing (FDN)
Off

...and that's it.

But, as I have said, I have remembered it. My wife reminded me that I used the last four digits for a combination padlock. I am old I forget stuff. :D

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It had nothing to do with Denim, old or newly updated. You didn't activate and register the SIM that's why you didn't see the number in applications > phone. Next time you get a phone number email to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs