SD card has unrecoverable errors

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden my 830 can't read my SD card. It ran a scan and says my card has "unrecoverable errors". I had all my apps and photos on there. The photos should be all backed up to OneDrive, but all my apps? Any way to test whether the card is really shot? If it is, how do I recover all my apps without doing a hard reset?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
put it in a laptop / PC / Tablet & see if it reads - my guess, sdCards go bad, but, usually they are warranted for life.

Go to Store >> My apps - that's a concise list of ALL the apps you ever downloaded.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
See if you can recover it in a desktop. I had a problem with a specific brand. Switched to Samsung and not had problems since. I think the other brand was Kingston. There was just something my phone did not like about two of em.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, as surprising as it went on the fritz, it just came back. Out of nowhere, it's now being read by the phone and everything's there. So much for "unrecoverable errors."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edoluz

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello.
I'm having a similar problem: the phone stops working and freezes when I swipe on the notifications bar... I can only force the shutdown and then I get an error message like "There are several error on the SD... should I try to fix them?"
It happened 3 times and I've just formatted the SD, just to be sure I has not errros inside. BUt now, after I installed some apps (lastly Here Maps and MSN apps) the phone suddenly stopped again!
The Lumia 830 is quite new (2 months of life) and also the SD card.
Is there a tool to check if the SD card has any problem in it?
Or it is a bug of the Lumia 830?
I choose to save averything (photo, videos, apps) in the SD, so you can understand this is not a good news.
PS: if I connect the phone to the PC while the phone is freezed I can see it normally as a USB device.

PLEASE HELP!!! DID YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM?:angry:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello.
PLEASE HELP!!! DID YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM?:angry:

as stated above, these cards go bad sometimes. It recently happened to me with a SanDisk 64Gb. Luckily for me I only lost a few images of the same day. They were all backed up a day prior at highest resolution.

If you have another SDCard lying around I suggest you try that and see if you get the same symptoms. If you do, it may be the SDCard tray or connections. If not your SDCard may be bad. You could also try without any SDCard entirely.

SanDisk has a life warranty and it took about a week to get a replacement.

Also, if you connect your phone to the PC, does it show the SDCard as well?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99