Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 640 has been a strong candidate for a lot of prospect buyers and Windows Phone enthusiasts. Have you recently bought one yourself? Have you felt that something was not right or wasn't working well with it? Some hiccups or snags? If "yes", then fire off below and let us know what you've found.

[TIP]Here are some useful information which you may come across:

Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to check your phone up - head over to this Microsoft FAQ page for more info.

Make sure to check the official Windows Phone 8 How-to Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]

[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. This can be done by going to your phone Settings > about > tap on reset your phone. You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The Lumia Software Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]

Remember to describe the bugs and defects you find as detailed as you can: let us know your phone model and then what happened leading to the bug or how you found the defect. This way, our members would be able to help you quickly and accurately.

Thuruv

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

Weather reports are available only when the data connection is turned on or on wi-fi along with gpobernardo 's suggestion.

MihaiB1

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

if i try to take a picture in the dark with Flash On it takes a black photo, even though flash light goes off :( (i suppose its a software bug where flash and picture taking are out of sync or something like that?)

Nathan-NL

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site

Can someone comment on whether their back cover also flexes a bit in the top-right corner?

And when I try to open check storage in the main settings screen to change where maps are saved (internal or sd card) I get this error:

wp_ss_20150507_0002.png

Last edited:

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Can someone comment on whether their back cover also flexes a bit in the top-right corner?

And when I try to open check storage in the main settings screen to change where maps are saved (internal or sd card) I get this error:

I have the same issue with the "check storage". It's available on the store, it can be downloaded and installed, but it doesn't work. It seems to be some kind of a screwup by Microsoft. Really not cool, Microsoft...

The USB port seems pretty centered to me. The whole back-cover is a bit flimsy and wobbly. But for the price, it's ok.

Nam3d

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Anybody else having some random restarts? Just tried calling somebody today and suddenly it restarted.

Pearcey125

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site

The headphone jack doesn't seem to work that well. I've had headphones plugged in but the phone doesn't recognise this and sound still comes through the speaker.

This was also an issue on the 635.

Randolph McAfee

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

My alarm volume is tied to the notification volume. That is, if I have notifications at 1/10, the alarm is very quiet, and if I set it at 10/10, it will be loud enough to wake me. This doesn't seem like the intended behavior, but this is my first 8.1 update 2 device, so I wonder if that is the cause. The alarm volume varies with notification setting even if the phone is in night mode, with the notifications silenced (the alarm still works).

Not seeing the flex.

My glance screen shows my next calendar entry, but haven't tried weather.

No random restarts.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss