Any news on a replacement 1020?

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else fed up with waiting for a new flagship to replace the 1020?
Will it come from Nokia or Microsoft, any thoughts ?

Grant Butler

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes but will it be a camera flagship to kill off the 808/1020 or will it just be one good enough to compete with the GS6/iPhone 6s?

I got bored of waiting though, so I just bought a Sony RX100M3.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes but will it be a camera flagship to kill off the 808/1020 or will it just be one good enough to compete with the GS6/iPhone 6s?

I got bored of waiting though, so I just bought a Sony RX100M3.

You mean compete with the Lumia 930? I mean, since it is the prince of cameras (with the 1020 being king).

The reason there hasn't been a flagship yet is because there is software and hardware that requires Windows 10 (like Windows Hello), and releasing the flagship now would either have those features turned off, or give away some cool features too soon. Just a heads up, what's coming will be cool.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Who knows when the next flagship phone will be released? There's not even a confirmed month of release. Personally, I'm tired of waiting. And assuming flagship will have the next generation of 41MP camera. Not holding my breathe. Already looking at the Galaxy S6 and waiting for LG G4 announcement. I still like Windows Phone OS, but the slowness of the phone is just getting difficult to live with.

I still like my 1020...but it's time to move on....

fanbpunx

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Who knows when the next flagship phone will be released? There's not even a confirmed month of release. Personally, I'm tired of waiting. And assuming flagship will have the next generation of 41MP camera. Not holding my breathe. Already looking at the Galaxy S6 and waiting for LG G4 announcement. I still like Windows Phone OS, but the slowness of the phone is just getting difficult to live with.

I still like my 1020...but it's time to move on....
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
You're gonna be upset when you miss out ;)

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Except for the lame 32gb storage, I'm happy with my current issue. Great call quality, battery life, and navigation, along with the highest smartphone reliability I've experienced.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'd be looking around that corner, down the street to the next block where summer intersects with fall/autumn.
Then, take a stroll down that avenue to where US holiday season crosses first deliveries. If you hit non-US deliveries, you've gone too far and ended up at the far end of the Q1 2016 district.

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's hoping for a sep/oct release. Cheers everyone. Love my 1020 to bits. Just needs faster processor and higher capacity battery. Don't need any other feature added. I will admit though that Qi would be a welcome addition for the US market on ATT.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My sister started to ask this question of me...she has a warranty plan through MS and just broke her 1020's screen. They said she could turn her 1020 in and get an 830 as that was their comp phone.

Ummm...what? haha. Sure, that could work when you were talking about a 920...but people opted for the 1020 because of the camera, not just the other specs. Kind of pathetic when you look at the offerings today (on AT&T, there is only a 830 and 635).

So, she went and got a $40 635 to use and is going to just sit on her broken 1020 until later in the year...she still has a while (I think warranty was 2 years after Dec of 2013)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb