Has anyone sent 1520.3 back to BHphoto &video for phantom touch issue?

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I am getting 1520.3 from BHphoto &Video and I am worried about their warranty and support. I see that they offer one year limited warranty. Has anyone here purchased 1520.3 from BHphoto &Video and sent it back to them for phantom touch issue? Did they replace the phone? Did you have any issues in the support process? Please let me know

Vijay

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The device is EOL, meaning there are no more new parts/phones to fix/replace the phone with; therefore, even if you had a warranty you would just end up with an exchange of an "equal value device". Of course there is no "equal value device" as Microsoft has stopped producing flagships, leaving you with an Android as your most likely replacement.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The device is EOL, meaning there are no more new parts/phones to fix/replace the phone with; therefore, even if you had a warranty you would just end up with an exchange of an "equal value device". Of course there is no "equal value device" as Microsoft has stopped producing flagships, leaving you with an Android as your most likely replacement.

So you are asking me cancel the order and go for some other android phone. I still have till Friday to cancel my order. Won't they replace with another 1520.3? I am so confused now.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
So you are asking me cancel the order and go for some other android phone. I still have till Friday to cancel my order. Won't they replace with another 1520.3? I am so confused now.

Sorry, didn't mean to sway you against getting the 1520, I actually just ordered one myself from B&H two weeks ago. I just want you to know what your getting into. Did you order with a credit card? Most provide extra coverage against Lemon purchases.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't flex the phone by carrying it in your pants pocket and you will have no touch problems.
Four months with the B&H 1520.3 with no touch problems.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, didn't mean to sway you against getting the 1520, I actually just ordered one myself from B&H two weeks ago. I just want you to know what your getting into. Did you order with a credit card? Most provide extra coverage against Lemon purchases.
Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up. I asked because most of my friends are android and they told why I am going with one year old phone so after a long confusion I ordered it. I will check about the coverage in my credit card.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been carrying my 1520.3 every day since October and never had any issues with a phantom touch or double touch or whatever.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been carrying my 1520.3 every day since October and never had any issues with a phantom touch or double touch or whatever.

You clearly have been very lucky, as you can see a large number of people here are experiencing that issue. When I sent the phone in even Microsoft acknowledged that it's defective, but because it's not a US market phone they won't repair it.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It may have some luck, but a key part to many of the phantom touch issues is over flexing of the phone in your pocket. This is caused by the size of the phone, the iPhone 6+ suffers from similar issues. Be careful not to let the phone flex in your pocket and you will significantly reduce your chances of suffering from phantom touch problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa