Cortana gets activated when my alarm goes off in the morning

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Over the weekend, I got a Lumia 1520 at the Microsoft Store as a replacement for a Lumia Icon that had some display issues. First thing I did was update the phone all the way to Denim, and then successfully restored my phone backup from the Icon.

I use my phone as my main alarm and have a few alarms set some minutes apart in case I sleep through one. :D I've noticed that every morning when the alarm on the phone starts ringing, sometimes Cortana also gets activated. Doesn't happen each time the alarm rings, but happens at least once or twice out of the four or five alarms I've got set.

I haven't looked closely to see if it's in "Hey Cortana" mode awaiting voice input, or just on the main Cortana screen - but that's still odd and never happened with the Lumia Icon. And I seriously doubt I've started waking up mumbling "Hey Cortana!"

Has anyone else experienced this?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Over the weekend, I got a Lumia 1520 at the Microsoft Store as a replacement for a Lumia Icon that had some display issues. First thing I did was update the phone all the way to Denim, and then successfully restored my phone backup from the Icon.

I use my phone as my main alarm and have a few alarms set some minutes apart in case I sleep through one. :D I've noticed that every morning when the alarm on the phone starts ringing, sometimes Cortana also gets activated. Doesn't happen each time the alarm rings, but happens at least once or twice out of the four or five alarms I've got set.

I haven't looked closely to see if it's in "Hey Cortana" mode awaiting voice input, or just on the main Cortana screen - but that's still odd and never happened with the Lumia Icon. And I seriously doubt I've started waking up mumbling "Hey Cortana!"

Has anyone else experienced this?

never experienced this but i have a weird solution.When you dont use cortana,go to settings-speech and set it to something else.When you need cortana,set it back again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6