Unlocked ATT provider nokia 1020 update to denim via PFD!!

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Microsoft, I finally received Lumia denim update, a few new cool aspects like accessories and hub, other than that just crisper , and way faster browsing in IE. Next up is Win10, come on baby!!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
what is the latest build number for denim? I am using an unlocked AT&T phone on the telus network, and We are supposed to get a real denim update.

thanks in advance.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I only have myself to blame , but I didn't realize and left automatic update on and now I'm running the 10 preview and my phone is almost inoperable , had to break out my android from 6 years ago and its running faster, so basically my 350$ Nokia Lumia 1020 is now a paperweight , this will be the last time I will ever buy anything from Microsoft, no way I should have been allowed to download that garbage, they shouldnt release that to the public, sucks but uts my fault .

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm done with Microsoft, they should not let people like me just sign up for this , win 10 on Lumia 1020 is useless and my old android from 6 years ago has a better interface, irs my own fault though , darn it.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So restore it back to WIn8.1 then. It's not MS fault that someone who shouldn't, signed up for a preview of something that isn't finished and full of bugs. They have provided tools to get that phone back in working order, without having to use a 6 year old android phone instead.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I only have myself to blame , but I didn't realize and left automatic update on and now I'm running the 10 preview and my phone is almost inoperable , had to break out my android from 6 years ago and its running faster, so basically my 350$ Nokia Lumia 1020 is now a paperweight , this will be the last time I will ever buy anything from Microsoft, no way I should have been allowed to download that garbage, they shouldnt release that to the public, sucks but uts my fault .

Not only did you have to specifically enable your live.com account for "insider" access, but you had to also download and activate the insider app (above and beyond the PFD app).

In doing so, here is what you were presented as a warning:

[h=3]Download and install the preview only if you[/h]
  • Aren't installing it on your primary phone. If you have a backup phone, that's a perfect candidate for Technical Preview.
  • Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
  • Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
  • Really know your way around Windows Phone and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, or restoring your original operating system if something goes wrong.

We're not kidding about the expert thing. So if you think APN is a cable news network, Technical Preview may not be right for you.
[h=3]Things to keep in mind[/h] Unexpected phone crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some hardware—like Bluetooth speakers—might not work, and some apps might not install or work correctly. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.

So, yep...that damned old Microsoft shouldn't have let you install it...after all, they practically tricked you into it. I normally don't comment on threads like this, but the asinine, infantile outburst just pushed me over the top. If you can't read directions, can't be bothered to do any research at all, and then finally can't keep from having an online tantrum like a friggin' 3 year old who just had a lollipop taken away....well, I don't know what else to tell you but wish you the very best of luck in life because you're going to have a rough one.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Not only did you have to specifically enable your live.com account for "insider" access, but you had to also download and activate the insider app (above and beyond the PFD app).

In doing so, here is what you were presented as a warning:

[h=3]Download and install the preview only if you[/h]
  • Aren't installing it on your primary phone. If you have a backup phone, that's a perfect candidate for Technical Preview.
  • Want to try out software that?s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
  • Don?t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
  • Really know your way around Windows Phone and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, or restoring your original operating system if something goes wrong.

We're not kidding about the expert thing. So if you think APN is a cable news network, Technical Preview may not be right for you.
[h=3]Things to keep in mind[/h] Unexpected phone crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some hardware?like Bluetooth speakers?might not work, and some apps might not install or work correctly. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.

So, yep...that damned old Microsoft shouldn't have let you install it...after all, they practically tricked you into it. I normally don't comment on threads like this, but the asinine, infantile outburst just pushed me over the top. If you can't read directions, can't be bothered to do any research at all, and then finally can't keep from having an online tantrum like a friggin' 3 year old who just had a lollipop taken away....well, I don't know what else to tell you but wish you the very best of luck in life because you're going to have a rough one.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey boss I'll admitted it was my fault , can you read? An as far as insulting me personally, im not worried about some fat, loser redneck , who trolls Microsoft threads , because his life is so lame, PS I drive a Tesla model s and own 3 condos so ummm enjoy yo ur life ,oh and next time you wanna comment just remember not everyone is sooooo tech savy, we can't all be so coool

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey boss I'll admitted it was my fault , can you read? An as far as insulting me personally, im not worried about some fat, loser redneck , who trolls Microsoft threads , because his life is so lame, PS I drive a Tesla model s and own 3 condos so ummm enjoy yo ur life ,oh and next time you wanna comment just remember not everyone is sooooo tech savy, we can't all be so coool

yep, I read you admitted it was your fault..I even quoted that part (I can read..can you?). In the same breath you railed against Microsoft and how you were never going to buy anything from them again, and how they shouldn't have allowed you to install the software (despite the multi-step process fraught with "Danger, Danger Will Robinson" messages throughout which I guess you either were unable to read or couldn't be bothered to). I can only imagine you were also holding your breath until you turned blue. Congrats on your apparent material success...I guess sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Though I will say that bragging about material possessions/wealth on an unrelated online forum smacks of poseur-ism and/or desperation for attention/acceptance...for future reference.

Anywho, as I said before...best of luck to ya :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos