Windows 10 Technical Preview on Lumia 520

themainman

May 14, 2014
Visit site
do you guys have Settings on app list ??? i dont have it :( all setting toggle on action is not working :( i did a hard reset , still same

Weird, I have it in the app list, pinned to start (from before update), and in the notifications area and it works from all three places. All I did after the install finished was a soft reset. I do find that sometimes I now have to hold a press for a couple seconds to get it to register.

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
My friend and I both have 520s. He took the plunge while I'm still holding back. He said he was having trouble using Messaging, and that the software in general was "laggy af". Expected, due to the old hardware and the early incomplete software.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
-I have 2 settings apps. The old one and the new one. The new one doesn't work and doesn't open at all. The old one is missing alot of the options it had before. Can't even change my lockscreen background. Anyone else have this issue?

-Also I second the unresponsive navigation buttons. Especially the Windows button.

-Also sometimes when I close the notifications drop down, the screen doesn't redraw itself and a frozen image stays on the screen until I touch the screen.

-Keyboard is a lot slower and text prediction is bad while swiping but it seems worse when i swipe fast so probably goes back to the performance issue. I miss the keyboard shortcut of pressing the symbol key and dragging to desired symbol.

-Apps crash frequently and often won't start up at all.

-Replying to texts from notifications is nice!

-Revamped calculator and alarm app is nice.

-Don't like the slow animations of new task switcher.

-Don't like the new phone app and people app. I would elaborate more but typing on this keyboard is kinda annoying now lol.

Was gonna mention something else but i forgot xD
I'll keep posting as stuff comes up

AnnoyingCat

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
-I have 2 settings apps. The old one and the new one. The new one doesn't work and doesn't open at all. The old one is missing alot of the options it had before. Can't even change my lockscreen background. Anyone else have this issue?

-Also I second the unresponsive navigation buttons. Especially the Windows button.

-Also sometimes when I close the notifications drop down, the screen doesn't redraw itself and a frozen image stays on the screen until I touch the screen.

-Keyboard is a lot slower and text prediction is bad while swiping but it seems worse when i swipe fast so probably goes back to the performance issue. I miss the keyboard shortcut of pressing the symbol key and dragging to desired symbol.

-Apps crash frequently and often won't start up at all.

-Replying to texts from notifications is nice!

-Revamped calculator and alarm app is nice.

-Don't like the slow animations of new task switcher.

-Don't like the new phone app and people app. I would elaborate more but typing on this keyboard is kinda annoying now lol.

Was gonna mention something else but i forgot xD
I'll keep posting as stuff comes up
hard reset fix the double stuff

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
After updating windows 10 mails are not working properly means i am using gmail+outlook+nokia mails .
Gmail is not syncing after update and also i am not receiving any mails to my phone please resolve it

zeref0016

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have installed it in my Lumia 520. I have to hard reset my phone 2 times to get the system provisioning right. On my first installation, I didn't have Spartan and i have 2 Cortanas, my settings ui is still the same on 8.1 so i tweeted gabe and said i need to H reset my phone.. On my first H reset, i didnt get the new outlook and calendar app so i reset again and finally i have the 'real' TP :))

Abderrahmane95

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
hi
how are you ?
please i havea probleme
i upgrade my phone to windows 10
but i want to rollback to windows 8.1
i used Windows Phone Recovery Tool but it say : package not available for this phone
please help me

Sawan Tank

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I am 520 user...
I have however updated to GDR2 and not want to update to W10 (Fast Ring). Can I be able to get Slow Ring update in Future?

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
hi
how are you ?
please i havea probleme
i upgrade my phone to windows 10
but i want to rollback to windows 8.1
i used Windows Phone Recovery Tool but it say : package not available for this phone
please help me
Hi, redownlpad Lumia software recovery tool and follow the procedure ;)

Rupesh Kumar5

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
the situation of my phone is even worse. after installing the update on my lumia 520, it was quite buggy and i thought it would improve a bit on hard resetting the phone. but on resetting it I am not getting the start screen itself and have only the app list which does not contain settings, camera, and several other apps. I tried resetting it again but all in vain.
also, windows phone recovery tool and lumia software recovery tool are not detecting my phone.
please help!!! :crying:

Rijil K

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I have installed windows 10 technical preview on my lumia 520 yesterday.The new UI/UX is impressive.
-The overall performance is slow.
-it has a settings app ,but I cannot open settings apps, thus i can't change any phone settings.
-the new keyboard is good.
-comes with a more featured calculator
-some apps crashes frequently

Parimal parmar

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
In Lumia 520 Windows 10 bugs list.

1.Main Screen:- Clander show Tommatow:All insteda of Tommatow:All Days

2.Phone shortcut:- choose caller id app say none even i have true caller.letest.History of call log when click on contect details of incoming and outgoing call it take time.5 sec to load all details.same for edit new and link contect.

3.Messeging:- Works Fine.but when we go from messeging setting it sent to older setting instead of windows

4.Photo App:- i have a lots of photo but there is no option to short photo or view photo by date.in windows 8 we can select march then it show popup of month to view directly photo of that month.loading time is high.display white photo then load photo.album is not there.

5. Timer is not edited mange option do nothing.

6.Battery Saver Usages:- Don't say any app.how to disable background app.

7.Calculator:- Changing calc take some time.have to press two or more time.properly.

8.Camera: After taking photo view photo take time.2nd when take photo camera show bright photo after taking photo image's brightness decress.

9.Start Button didn't function properly.have to press2-5 times to work.

10.After Restart phone or turn on it say not for Resale in red color. Take lots of time to turn on.aroung 60 to 180 sec.

11.Data Sense: Show some app with name uninstalled application

12.File explorer:- short by is just on top we have to reach top to short file.

13.Facebook is not open

14.Games: Load time is 2-3 min.

15.Here Drive, Here Map not open show black scrren and closed automatically

16.Charging: Full charge notification remove from bettery on top of scren.

17.Insider hub not open.

18.Two setting is there one is old and 2nd is windows 10 setting menu

19.Setting

20.System:->Display:- In 100% brightness level brightness is less then windows 8.1 compare.

21. Notification+Action center: scale problem only show Notification + a .one app show black scrren in it and zMessaging Splash is there what is that?

22.Phone:- My Phone Number Blank How to Add.After Voicemail no what is box for ON and OFF.

23.Messeging:- Download messege from TextBox is Very Small.and when change it app close.Some time.

24.Speach:- Add a Language show nothing

25.Storage sense: No bugs

26.Battery Sever: Show 3 hours when if is fully charged.When Click bettery usage setting menu close.But if you select from app list it show 13 hours.but bettery sever from app list no option to disable background app cause no app shown.

27.Driving mode i never use.so i dont know about it.

28.Maps:- There is no map still it say your map is update.Automatically Update Maps and Metered Connection button is diabled even i use wifi.

29.Find My Phone:- Sign in to MSA Click Do nothing.

30.Photos & Camera: press and hold the camera button to wake up is on and prevent ..... option is off /on but after lock the phone camera button dosent wake up phone.

31.About:- IN Windows 10 menu and older menu show diffrent information.

Normal Menu Windows 10 menu
Name
Parimal Denim
Parimal Denim
Model
Nokia Lumia 520
Nokia
Software
Windows 10 tp for phones
Windows 10 tp for phones
Os Version
Firmware RN
Hardware RN
Radio SV
Chip SOC V
Scrren Resolution
480x800
480x800
MAC Address
No Need to Display Here
No Need to Display Here
Meid:

IMEI
Sim ID
No Need to Display Here No Need to Display Here
IMS
not Register
not Register
About:- Help Contacts,Online Conent press do nothing in windows 10

32.Devices:- Bluetooth : Unable to send file from pc to phone.

33.Netowork And Wireless :-

Wifi:- Always wifi ON after phone Restart.everytime we have to off the WiFi

34.Flight Mode:Work

35.Mobile + Sim: Work

36.Data Sense : Work but load time

37.Internet Sharing: When Click Close app.and go back to start scrren.

Personalization

38.BackGround:-Choose Background pic always fails.

Sound:Work

39.Lock Scrren:When Click Choose your Background theme change to white from black and cant see properly any thing.

40.Theme:- Problem in White Theme Some of content missing from setting.

Accounts: Work

Time & Languages:-

41.Date & Time:- 24-hour Clock off will reflect after phone restart.

42.Ease Of Access:

Closed Captioning :Don't Understand what is that.

43.Privecy: Two Feedback option is given one is working and 2nd is not working.

44.Feedback:- send feedback button is disable.

45.Camera: If you disable let app use my camera then it will stop working camera.

Speech,inkin,& Typing :Can't understand what is it?

46.Update & Backup: Change OneDrive Backup setting dont work.phone hang and close the app.

47.Extras:-

Access Point:- Hide all ap then again show.when open and close

48.Device Hub: not working on windows 10 menu but work in normal menu

Display:

49.Extra info: show Lumia Cyan on windows 10 menu load time,In Normal Menu cant open sometime.restart phone.

50.Restart Phone: When Restart phone shut down time we can see wrong scalling and to turn phone on have to wait 2-3 min.when turn on say not for Resacle in red font.and have to press 15-30 time to turn on phone.

51.Theme:white theme can't display some content

So At Last When i Check My Compete Phone i found one another problem is that after check all my current running app is more then 15-25.

So windows 10 if full of bugs and error but main is Calling error that unable to cut phone or we can say cant use phone untill phone cut.by other party.

John Moguche

May 8, 2015
Visit site
How do I delete the windows 10 notification on my lumia 520? It keeps apearing on the screen when I am browsing. I do not want to install it and experience mulfunction on my PRIMARY phone! Please help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb