Windows 10 Technical Preview on Lumia 520

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
On Friday 10th April, Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Technical Preview for Lumia 520(together with other models). When you install it, let us know in comments below about how its working on Lumia 520.

It will help millions of Lumia 520 users
Don't forget to come back and comment.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed it is working little rough but it is expected as it is just a preview build no major issue of crashing or so but if it is your primary device you should not install it and moreover if you use Office apps more skip this build for now and wait till universal office apps come

Update : Did a hard reset after hard resetting not able to install apps from store dont know if it microsoft server issue or phone issue

Last edited:

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
i installed the preview but after the wheel screen my okia lumia 520 is not booting up
it just restarts as soon as nokia screen appears
I think there is a fault with your battery.. If it is still not fixed, remove and reinsert the battery properly.. Also keep a little piece of paper below your battery

HusnijaHafuric

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Its sluggish(not that i didnt expect that),all settings button from action center not working,no new background same as it was before,battery procentage stuck on 44%,but its great to have this build even tho its not that optimised,when unlocking freeze for about 2-3 sec...

Gnoll

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Seems kinda faster on closing apps but one thing I noticed its not closing the app if you hit back button, but sending to background. Also back button no longer closing the live-folders. So far its slower but expected.

Mail app not working, (there is no new Outlook)
Messaging app not working (there is no new messaging app as well)
No Spartan browser as well.

There are some scaling issues but its expected as well.

AnnoyingCat

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Seems kinda faster on closing apps but one thing I noticed its not closing the app if you hit back button, but sending to background. Also back button no longer closing the live-folders. So far its slower but expected.

Mail app not working, (there is no new Outlook)
Messaging app not working (there is no new messaging app as well)
No Spartan browser as well.

There are some scaling issues but its expected as well.

hard reset your phone pls

btw anyone noticed there is no crop/ reposition photo when choosing background/ lock screen image
and the navigation button seem less responsive too

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I have got all the new apps and no major issues. Overall the performance is a bit slow, especially the time taken to get response from the navigation buttons. Apart from this and the blank black/white screens instead of the splash screens or resuming screens, everything is okay. Wouldn't recommend to install if the 520 is your primary device.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
do you guys have Settings on app list ??? i dont have it :( all setting toggle on action is not working :( i did a hard reset , still same

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I installed it. and it's buggy as ****. You can't disable/enable mobile data, the performance is very bad. And apps won't update. I like the UI though. But I don't recommend it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos