cracked screen for striped replacement by insurance company LSG

Laco82

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my lumia 1520 and glass has badly cracked, but still working well. I sent it to lifestyle services group phone insurance and whole process was fine until my phone arrived. I was so disappointed when I saw new screen. Glass is Grey instead nice black, no curved edges, not so slippery in addition dark stripes through the screen. I complained it, but unsuccessfully. They said my phone has been repaired in high standards and until it's working fine, they have nothing to do with it any more, as they used nokia parts. On sunlight the screen looks awful even colours are terrible, it's definitely not genuine part, but they terms and conditions not saying anything about genuine parts.
Can anybody help me how to sort it, please? See pictures please.
I want back my stunning 1520
***Please***Please***Please***
IMG_6931.JPG IMG_6935.JPG IMG_6941.JPG IMG_6942.JPG

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That's pretty bad.
Your options are probably governed by the consumer laws for whichever country you're in.
​If that was how a handset of mine came back from repair (whoever did it), I'd be printing out those pictures, writing a complaint letter clearly explaining what is wrong and (the most important bit) what they need to do to fix it. Letter needs to be factual, no emotional cack. Then I'd send the letter recorded delivery to them.
​The basic summary would appear to be that an insurance provider has failed to repair a covered item to a reasonable acceptable standard. Doesn't matter where they say they got the parts from, it's not an acceptable repair. In a lot of places insurance companies are very tightly regulated. So if an initial complaint doesn't get satisfaction, there's usually an ombudsman or similar that you can escalate to.

Laco82

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, it was helpful. I sent them a complaint with these pictures. They offer me a replacement for it, but unfortunately not the same model. I asked them for money for that phone and they agreed. After they receive this phone, they should transfer a money to my account. Fair enough. I can buy same model. I'm satisfied now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium