It's there any info win10 for 930 fix the display issues?

MahyarSFI

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I want to know it's there any information for WP10 fix the display issues on Lumia 930 such as purple tint or flickering??

ih8gz33up58n1da9ihg6.png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Considering W10 isn't released yet and they're having issues with the display with the preview so they aren't releasing it on the next build. The answer would be, we don't know.

So, there's no info that can be passed to you because we don't have an answer.

MahyarSFI

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I know 930 and icon it's not in the list to get preview tomorrow, but the problem they have it's scaling issue not these problems, i want to know win10 group said somthing about fixing these issues?

Thanks for your answer

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
that problem on photo i had too, left side of displayj was darker... now after RMA with new display i have 100% correct. Beside still have purple tint on lowest brightness (lowest when auto and its at night)...

So far iam happy. It shows as HW defect (that inconsistent backlight)

Makubex1980

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
A lot of Lumia 930's and Icon's have bad quality AMOLED panels. Mine had a really bad one too with purple spots all over. I replaced the screen and the new one is almost perfect, the only problem is when on a white page the bottom part is white and the top part is a tad purple but not with big spots as the previous one. For now i'm satisfied since most is dark in the UI. Probably i'm replacing my screen in a while again when a new batch of screens arrives.

(working for a phone repair/service shop)

MahyarSFI

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A lot of Lumia 930's and Icon's have bad quality AMOLED panels. Mine had a really bad one too with purple spots all over. I replaced the screen and the new one is almost perfect, the only problem is when on a white page the bottom part is white and the top part is a tad purple but not with big spots as the previous one. For now i'm satisfied since most is dark in the UI. Probably i'm replacing my screen in a while again when a new batch of screens arrives.

(working for a phone repair/service shop)

So you say it's hardware problem not software??

Makubex1980

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's a hardware problem, i used to be a lot on the xda forums in the galaxy section and many people complained about un even AMOLED panels. Samsung improved the technology a lot since the S1 and S2 (those were the worst screens) but as you may know they kept the best technology for themselves (sAMOLED).
So yeah the rest is getting the older technology with the risk of uneven made panels. To truly test an AMOLED panel load up a gray wallpaper ( http://www.solidbackgrounds.com/2560x1600-gray-web-gray-solid-color-background.html )and play with the brightness. if u dont have stripes and spots with discoloring you have a pretty good one.
So yeah AMOLED are nice screens if u got a good one, but seems the technology is not near as perfect as LCD

MahyarSFI

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I know Makubex1980 said it's a hardware problem but I think maybe they can't fix the problem but they could make it better with software
Considering W10M released for Lumia 930 couple weeks ago I want to know anybody installed? Any Change??

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know Makubex1980 said it's a hardware problem but I think maybe they can't fix the problem but they could make it better with software
Considering W10M released for Lumia 930 couple weeks ago I want to know anybody installed? Any Change??

Thanks

if its flickering, get it fixed, probably under warranty.

As for purple tint, you may be able to fix, or at least compensate for it using the Color Profile options under the Display settings.

Windows 10 has not been released for any phone officially nor is it ready for any phone.
An early-access program is what you're thinking of, and is not recommended for normal users. Many things are broken and it can't fix hardware problems. It doesn't include firmware either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99