Sick of negatives, Praise the 1020 thread

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who frequents this forum will realise how much negativity are present. Luckily some participants are able to point out the cause behind:
Remember problems are proportionally much more common on forums, where those with perfectly functioning devices often don't say a thing. If you look for bugs for a device, it'll often appear buggier than most other given phones.

So I decided to give it a try and start this thread, to do the opposite, focusing on how great our 1020 is or how we still loves it through the years and Denim update that did nothing for us. Remember nothing about bugs or negatives, only the praises.

Had my 1020 since Oct 2013. I still feels like I'm using a new device with the same feeling for it as I was unboxing it for the first time. Even to this day I won't say that I'm in need or feel the 'want' to change it, if the successor do not have xenon I may even be skipping it when my contract is up. This device is THAT awesome for me.

PS: 1020 broke my record for being the longest phone I used.

Last edited:

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Here, here. I agree with you. While we have 2 920s in our house not the 1020, we have had them since their release here in November 2013. They are both on pfd and running smoothly. No issues with battery life despite having Bluetooth and NFC on all the time. While both have been dropped several times they still look almost new. I still get comments on what a nice looking phone it is and how nice the screen is. While it is always nice to have something new and shiny we aren't in any particular rush to replace them. As long as they keep working well we will likely still be using them.

mparkkon

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 1020 for 1 year. The camera quality is excellent - DSLR sits in the corner unused for most of the time. The Windows UI is simple yet effective. Also the developer environment beats Andorid 10-0. The screen in visible in clear sunlight which is great outdoors. The phone has rebooted by itself only for few times.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I value it so much, it's the first phone I've ever encased -I have four for my black beauty, plus a grip case. Also, I now never think of monitoring what else is out there, nor what new versions are announced or rumored. Except for the 32gb storage, I have all the phone features and quality that I expect to have. A 64gb 1020+ would definitely tempt me, but not if it's any bigger or heavier. An SD option like the 1520's would probably not be enough either.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I've loved my experience on Windows phone with the 1020 (which I will promptly ruin with the TP build set to auto-install on the 15th) - the camera is so versatile, and works just as effectively shooting auto in JPEG as shooting manual in RAW. Low-light performance is ridiculously awesome. Although I'm not going to deny I've had a few snags along the way, I've thoroughly enjoyed my 1020 as my first flagship smartphone, and I expect it to run well for another year or two!!

P.S. Dat camera grip is amazing

JensBe

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I praise it for the Photos it takes!

I praise it for being stable again since Denim!

I praise it for its yellow color!

Edited for not make fun of anything. Sorry.

Last edited:

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had my 1020 since July 2013, in fact, just made my final $32 (no interest) payment to AT&T and so it is now officially mine! I have enjoyed everything about the phone. The camera always blows people away and even something as simple as the "quiet hours" option seems to get people saying "what a great idea". I really don't have anything negative to say about it other than I hope they come out with another phone with a similar camera at some point as I guess one day in the future I might need to replace it. I don't use the phone to store much music, so the storage has been plenty for me (tons of photos still stored on my phone) and so the lack of a card really has not been an issue for me. The phone is quite good, internet works well, so it does everything I need it to do. Excellent phone!

lakrisnisse

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Won a yellow 1020 last easter in a contest held by Nokia and it's the best phone I've ever had. Had a 920 before that and tried a 930 this easter, and even though the 930 was faster and more responsive than the 1020, I felt that giving up the quality camera on my precious 1020 was to much. The 930 went back to the store and have not regreted it one sec.
Hail to the King, Baby!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice thread!

My L1020 was the highest-priced gadget I purchased, so far, with cash, and I believe it was worth every cent (or centavo!). I'd skip defending the Oreo-sized camera at the back, since the Pictures/Videos taken with your L1020 thread speaks for itself. At the very least, I can say that it allowed me to sort of practice and explore the art of photography - something I couldn't do as much with film two decades ago (my first camera) and something that is more convenient that carry a professional camera around - 2,563 highres photos and counting. :cool:

Despite choosing the less eye-catching black matte finish, it still managed to once in a while get some heads turning, especially when I'm with pros and their professional camera armaments. I've been asked more than once: "What's that? What's a Windows Phone?" (for non-WP users) or "Oooh, is that the Lumia 1020? The one with the monster camera?" (for fellow WP users, of course).:angel:

The hype soon died down and my L1020 eventually died with it (expecting to receive the repaired or replacement within the week), but I'm certain that it was the best phone I've owned so far. Once I receive my L1020 again and without worth successor just yet, it looks like the L1020 and I would be snapping a lot of moments, 41-ish megapixels at a time, for the foreseeable future.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hallelujah! I praise it for the Photos it takes!

Hallelujah! I praise it for being stable again since Denim!

Hallelujah! I praise it for its yellow color!

You may want to have a look at the etymology and definition of the word "Hallelujah" first.:wink:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Have my 1020 since first release. I don't use my DSLR anymore, except for long travels.

Although I use a Lumia 1520 as my daily driver now, Lumia 1020 is my daily driver for photography.

Updated to WP10 and enjoying it to the max.

Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Have my 1020 since first release. I don't use my DSLR anymore, except for long travels.

Although I use a Lumia 1520 as my daily driver now, Lumia 1020 is my daily driver for photography.

Updated to WP10 and enjoying it to the max.

Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

How's camera performance under WP10?:cool:

Francizd

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
+1 on being the longest phone I've owned haha.

I've had this since it first came out and loved it ever since. I've never really liked a phone so much because I get bored easily. But with this? When I'm bored I can just unlock it and say, let's see what I can do on my phone. And the possibilities are endless. From word docs, adobe files, to making gifs, to having a playstation emulator and playing those old PS1 games. It's awesome.

Camera is beautiful. I simply like to capture moments and I'm probably horrible at taking pictures but once I start snappin' I can't stop. Especially with that smart sequence. Videos? Oh yeah. It's pure bliss once I start watching any of my videos I take. It's so crisp and clean, I love it! My wife bought me the camera grip that I've been dying to buy and it makes it so much better. I actually use the grip as my phone case sometimes too.

And you can customize your home page to your liking. Had 3 Iphones before this. All were lost or damaged because I didn't really get to a point where I cared much about it cause it was so generic. Felt like a children's toy honestly. L1020 is a grown man's phone. Totally on a different level.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
+1 on being the longest phone I've owned haha.

I've had this since it first came out and loved it ever since. I've never really liked a phone so much because I get bored easily. But with this? When I'm bored I can just unlock it and say, let's see what I can do on my phone. And the possibilities are endless. From word docs, adobe files, to making gifs, to having a playstation emulator and playing those old PS1 games. It's awesome.

Camera is beautiful. I simply like to capture moments and I'm probably horrible at taking pictures but once I start snappin' I can't stop. Especially with that smart sequence. Videos? Oh yeah. It's pure bliss once I start watching any of my videos I take. It's so crisp and clean, I love it! My wife bought me the camera grip that I've been dying to buy and it makes it so much better. I actually use the grip as my phone case sometimes too.

And you can customize your home page to your liking. Had 3 Iphones before this. All were lost or damaged because I didn't really get to a point where I cared much about it cause it was so generic. Felt like a children's toy honestly. L1020 is a grown man's phone. Totally on a different level.

Finally someone who feels the same way about apple products. They are childish, in application etc. I always say that it feels like using my 8 yo son's leap pad. Windows phone/1020 feels mature, grown up and refined. I have been playing with my galaxy note with Lollpop on it and its much improved over previous editions of android, its still slow, laggy, and buggy. Same ole same ole. My nokia 1020 is the best phone in size, build quality, camera, OS etc.

The best phone Hands DOWN!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos