640 Poll - What Device are you replacing with the 640?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Has the 640 is on schedule for a Worldwide Release, I created a poll to see what phones people are upgrading from, sidegrading from, or downgrading from.

I am replacing my 521 after having it since it first release on HSN. It has been a very good phone, great build quality, managed to survive a fell falls over that time, But alas developed a crack on display from proximinty sensor to halfway down left side. Still works, but, time to replace showing it age. T-Mobile is great and not changing that, I do not travel much so coverage is not that importmant.

So take part in the poll and leave info on why you moving to the 640.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've moved back to Windows from Android and replaced a Moto G 4G with a Lumia 640. So far I love it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about replacing my HTC One M8 with it which I don't see in the poll. Yes, the M8 is a much higher end phone, but the camera can't be any worse and that's important to me.

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I've moved back to Windows from Android and replaced a Moto G 4G with a Lumia 640. So far I love it.

How's the day to day usage in terms of fluidity and responsiveness to the G? The 2014 LTE? That's what I'm currently using on Cricket. Definitely considering the 640. As long as it's the same performance (or better) with its better camera for a decent price, I'm sold.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
How's the day to day usage in terms of fluidity and responsiveness to the G? The 2014 LTE? That's what I'm currently using on Cricket. Definitely considering the 640. As long as it's the same performance (or better) with its better camera for a decent price, I'm sold.

I was using the 2015 Moto G 4g with the 5" screen. In terms of fluidity and responsiveness the 640 is better. Opening apps is immediate and I see none of the lag that the G has when pushed. The 640 camera is better in every way, it's quicker to start up, quicker to focus and takes better shots.

If Windows phone os suits you then I'd recommend it. The G is a fine phone but I prefer the 640.

Last edited:

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a 640 to replace my HTC 8X. The 8X is a great phone except for the battery life. We travel a lot and it'd be nice to have something that doesn't have to be charged once a day.

I'd get the 640 and use the 8X to replace a Lumia 521, which we'd keep as an emergency backup phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
521 for T-Mobile will be replaced by the 640. As for why, the 521 is an adequate phone and it meets most of my needs, but I want a phone that meets all of them now. Also, it seems like it makes sense to upgrade to a phone with flash, FFC, NFC that the 521 didn't have, and of course the RAM upgrade as well.

MicroG33k

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Firstly, I like a lot of features of iOS but ultimately, I find the OS bland. The only thing going for it is the app quality. My Lumia 640 suits me better for the screen size, cost, screen viewing outside and storage capacity. I have installed a 128GB SDXC card to store my music, vids and apps. 16GB was nit enough for my music and apps so it nice to have more choice. Also, I'm waiting for Windows 10 and then I can integrate it better with my new ultrabook. I prefer the UI of WP than iOS and Android. However, I did enjoy MiUI at one point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention