Callers cannot hear me

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
So I have not seen this here in this forum, although in Nokia chat rooms its seems common. I don't really see a true resolution however.

Callers cannot hear me when I'm on the phone, using the device itself (phone to me ear), but I hear them just fine.

If I switch to speaker phone or plug in a wired headset, they hear me perfectly. The phone is new, noise cancelling mic area is clean, and I've even opened up the holes a tad. I've also replaced the headphone-jack/noise cancelling-mic, and no change. Hard reset provides no improvement either.

I've called the phone myself from another phone and used a headphone (in the other phone, with it on mute, to isolate sound) set to see what mic is the speakerphone mic, and its easily the top mic by the headphone jack. My voice is much louder with that end of the phone by my mouth, even just a faint whisper proves this. So this confirms that the top mic is working, it simply doesn't perform its job during regular phone use (phone to my ear, no speakerphone).

Is there any solution out there for what seems to be a not uncommon issue with the 920?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Suggest that you take it to a Nokia Care Center since you've tried a hard reset. Hope its still under warranty since you said its new.
Best of luck.

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Turns out the problem was while replacing the noise cancelling mic, I damaged the flex cable connecting the USB (and primary mic). Replaced the USB/mic and flex cable and I finally have a fully functional device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss