How do I turn my Weather Alerts back on? Lumia 630

mpeak313

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I was in class when my Weather Alert went off, so I went in the options to silence them. Now I can't find how to turn it back on, and everywhere I look is saying that it's impossible to turn them off in the first place, so no help there. If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated! I have a Nokia Lumia 630.

-mpeak313

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to bing.com, click the gear icon, then on the left tab, go to interests, and in the interest 'weather near me', turn on alerts. If you don't see a 'weather near me' interest, then make one from 'add interest' in weather.

From your phone, open cortana, go to hamburger menu, select interests, scroll to 'weather near me' and turn on alerts.

mpeak313

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I went and tried that but everything was already on, so either there is another way to turn off alerts or I have already stumbled across that and fixed it. Next time it storms, I'll see if it works.

To clarify, I am talking about getting texts about the weather, in case that was a different thing from a weather alert. Weather alert is the thing that pops up on your Bing Weather app, correct?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this alert pops up as a notification, from Cortana (or maybe Bing/MSN weather too, I don't use it). I think the texts are different from Bing's alert; I don't receive them. Maybe they were from your service provider? How did you turn them off?

mpeak313

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
When it starting buzzing I clicked on the notification and went to some kind of options tab. But it was in November, so I can't remember the name anymore. I'm pretty sure it was my phone settings, so I've been combing through those without much luck.

Edit-when you say go to Weather Near Me, then alerts, are you meaning the "Notify me when the are weather incidents?"

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
In Cortana>Interests>Weather select your town shown or nearby locations. Besides the on/off toggle that will appear there is also a check box: Notify me when there are weather incidents. Check this box and an alarm bell should appear next to that location on the previous screen. You should now get weather notifications.

EDIT: I turned mine off a couple months ago due to a bombardment of weather notifications every 10 minutes or so at one point. The only changes I made were the above mentioned check box. However, I wonder if any of the system apps listed in Settings>Notifications+Actions also need to be On? Messaging, Glance and Extras and Info are on for me, always have been.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss