Lumia 635 Windows 10 update

corby lambert

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to Windows 10 from build 9941 and more my Lumia 635 is pretty much useless. It stays on the app list screen and won't open any apps except Cortana. I've reset, hard reset, removed battery, reset, no SIM, removed SD, reset. I can't even get to my settings. Thankfully it's a backup phone!

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You can reset it back to a stock 8.1 FW in Nokia care suite, then install the Developer Preview if you'd like.
Follow the instructions in this thread, but use your device's own product code. You're not unbranding your L635, however the flashing process is the same for rolling back your FW.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine was sort of like that when I updated it. It took a looooooooooonnnngggg time before it got off the apps list. I rebooted, same thing. I finally just let it sit for about an hour, and it finally progressed. The LCD was stuck on low after that, so I did a factory reset, and now it seems to be working fine.

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else finding that if you try to make a call using the phone dialer keypad, the phone app abruptly closes after you type the second digit?

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine is stuck at "downloading" at 0%. Restarted phone and still does not move from 0%. My WiFi is working,so not sure what's wrong.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine was stuck there for a long time as well. It took a really long time to download. I plugged it in, and let it set for awhile.

I think it was on 0% for maybe 20 minutes, and the whole download took almost an hour (over wifi).

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
the first tech preview release showed lots of promise. I just tried the 2nd Win10 TP release yesterday and spent all of today reloading the phone and going back to 8.1 Developers Preview instead.

Things that made me cringe in Win10TP2 and go back to 8.1DP:
- Office app zapped from the phone. For some reason it's just not there any longer after the install is completed. I didn't use it often before but it was handy to have when I occasionally needed it for docs.

- the Bing Weather app also disappeared from the phone. I still had the live tile on my start screen but that wasn't really working any longer. The app no longer showed up under the W category when I went looking for it in the apps listings. The app store however seemed to think that it was still on my phone and only gave me the option to view it rather than install it again.

- I missed the linked inbox feature and being able to view my email all in one place. This 2nd release of the Win10 preview replaced the old mail app with a new Microsoft Outlook app. You can still access your various accounts and read your email, but only one account at a time :(

- The old calendar app was replaced by a new Microsoft Outlook Calendar app that only has a day and an agenda view. I kinda sorta really need my week and month views for scanning appts and doing long term schedule planning.

- There's a new People app that looks spiffy but seems to be straying even further away from the old People Hub functionality where you can get news and updates from your friends via Facebook integration. Thankfully they left the old People app in the release and just renamed it to Legacy People app.

Maps has more of the Here Drive+ features integrated into it but I wish there was still the capability of handing off searches for destinations to 3rd party apps like Here Drive+ or Waze. I'm not too fond of the tiny fonts that the Maps app uses for it's turn by turn directions or notification for next direction change when following a route. Nokia did a much better job with their design layout. Here's MS fixing stuff that isn't broken...

As much as I like to play on the leading edge...this was enough to make me go back and appreciate the features in the 8.1 Developers Preview instead.

jaceot

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I am using this as my daily driver and there are a few annoying things but overall, I am really happy with it. And they've made it really easy to provide feedback. It's rough but usable if you're the kind who likes to test things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999