WP10 TP anyone?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Still broken in the sense it won't pin to Start; although individual contacts can be pinned. I haven't ever integrated Facebook, etc with phone contacts, so that's always been " broken" for me.

powderbanks

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I put 10052 on my 928 the other day. I haven't noticed many changes. App switcher still freezes occasionally, but it's fixed by locking/unlocking the phone. Music and OneDrive apps won't update (apparently a widespread issue), and the Music app still doesn't show album art. I've been using it mostly as a GPS for on my scooter/motorcycle and battery drain is pretty bad. I never used it on 8.1, so I'm not sure if it's TP10 or usual. I can ride for about 30-45 minutes on a full charge before it's down to ~20%.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it mostly as a GPS for on my scooter/motorcycle and battery drain is pretty bad. I never used it on 8.1, so I'm not sure if it's TP10 or usual. I can ride for about 30-45 minutes on a full charge before it's down to ~20%.

Do you have any other connectivity turned on during these rides? I've used my 928 in the back country as a GPS in airplane mode for 6-8 hours and will still have about 30-35% left after that time. I'm wondering if the 928 is trying to find cell or WiFi coverage?

If you are in airplane mode and this is the power consumption, that's pretty excessive.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Bit the bullet and installed it on a test 928 and so far, seems very stable. There are some issues, but MS already has them flagged.
One issue though, on the new KB, the cursor dot, I can get it to show the directions the cursor should go, but when I pick a direction, it doesn't actually do anything. Is anyone else seeing that?

Admins, if this belongs in the WP10 thread, please move it. Thank you.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone planning on putting this week's build on their 928? Kinda interested in the interactive live tiles. Can't recall if that is going to be available for this release or not. I've got the previous build on a test device and it seems to be working well enough.

​Anyone?

powderbanks

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have any other connectivity turned on during these rides? I've used my 928 in the back country as a GPS in airplane mode for 6-8 hours and will still have about 30-35% left after that time. I'm wondering if the 928 is trying to find cell or WiFi coverage?

If you are in airplane mode and this is the power consumption, that's pretty excessive.

I always turn off wifi. I think it may have to do with either the auto brightness or some other variable, because sometimes it barely dips 5% after a 20-30 minute ride.

Anyone planning on putting this week's build on their 928? Kinda interested in the interactive live tiles. Can't recall if that is going to be available for this release or not. I've got the previous build on a test device and it seems to be working well enough.

​Anyone?

Installing now...

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if TP adds FM Tuner support? I've been on the fence about upgrading but I wouldn't mind the bugs if I can use this feature.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed the latest Fast Ring build on a test 928. Radio doesn't work. I thought the 928 didn't have FM radio hardware?
​Is there a particular app you want to test with?

Drewkkake

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The story (rumor?) I've heard is that the chipset supports FM, but requires an additional connection to the headphone jack (to use connected headphones as an FM antenna) that is not soldered on the 928. I don't have a source for that handy, though.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The story (rumor?) I've heard is that the chipset supports FM, but requires an additional connection to the headphone jack (to use connected headphones as an FM antenna) that is not soldered on the 928. I don't have a source for that handy, though.

I've heard a similar story. I heard that it was there, but disabled thanks to Verizon. Let me see if I can find some cable based headphones.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I installed the latest Fast Ring build on a test 928. Radio doesn't work. I thought the 928 didn't have FM radio hardware?
​Is there a particular app you want to test with?

Not necessarily, it was just one of the selling points that caught my interest when looking into the phone. Upon further research it looks like the capability is there but for some reason the service provider decided not to enable it in the manufacturing process. Supposedly it has the chip for FM tuning but it's effectively disconnected from the circuitry of the phone. It's not that important, I suppose.

If it were enabled it'd actually be a built-in feature like GPS or wifi and not from any app in particular.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
After upgrading to the new build, do a hard reset. That should fix phone not working issue. The TP's still haven't been very stable in my experience, with a lot of apps not opening and stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99