Lumia 720 Windows 10 problem

VigneshR

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I successfully updated to Win 10, now there are few problems that I am facing.
First - Very slow phone performance
Second - Flight mode and Mobile data options does not work
Third - Camera freezes
Fourth - SD card needs frequent checking
Fifth - Seems I am yet to encounter many more

I regret updating to Win 10 :straight::straight::straight:
Any help regarding these issues

PS- If I use windows recovery application, can I revert back to Win 8.1 Denim

Last edited:

hari pavan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
even am facing alot of issues like very slow performance and most importantly touch is not working sometimes which is a big problem as i am unable to to anything with my phone and i cannot even switch off and on. i regret and not able to stay in w10 technical preview

VigneshR

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
A hard reset may solve some issues. Otherwise you can use the Windows Software Recovery Tool to roll back.

Are you sure the windows recovery tool will work, moreover the recovery app starts downloading software package of around 1.5 Gb, isn't that too much of data for Win 8.1 Denim

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Flight and data mode toggles were listed as known issues that wouldn't work on this build.
Some people suggest a hard reset/creating a dummy access point might help.

Last edited:

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
It's a technical preview man. That's the point of releasing it to the interested public so that Microsoft will know all the problems and work on fixing it for a perfect and smooth "official release".

Syd F

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a L720 too and I can't hear voice notes from whatsapp and Cortana say that my microphone isn't working.. I regret updating so so so bad

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a L720 too and I can't hear voice notes from whatsapp and Cortana say that my microphone isn't working.. I regret updating so so so bad

There are many things broken, you should've read what was up with this, because this isn't just some normal polished software update that some seem to think it is. It is NOT complete, it is NOT for normal use on a daily driver. It is experimental or alpha at best.

Now take that phone to the Recovery Tool and downgrade to the current version until they release something that's not an Insider build.

How To: Recover your Windows Phone from a Technical Preview build using the Recovery Tool

VigneshR

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Finally reverted back to Win 8.1 Denim. It took hell lot of time for the windows recovery tool to download the package and the download speed never went above 107 kbps, took almost 6 hours, but now Lumia Denim feels so much like back home :grin:

rupeshnanglia

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Was able to download, but now facing many issues. Planning of doing factory reset.
1) wifi / mobile data not working
2) contents on Sd card not accessible.(music/Photos)
3) Phone is very slow

I trust Microsoft if it provides an update it should be compatible.
If a issue is known , update should be prevented.
I do agree argument since it is not a final release these things are expected.atleast prevention would be better then cure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99