How is Windows 10 for Lumia 620 ...?

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
W10 be it on any device is buggy (its a beta after all) I tried the first build on my 730 for a month and went back to 8.1. Though the new build improves its still quite incomplete, I would say, install it if ur not a heavy user and are ok with occasional stutters and crashes. Bare in mind a few functionalities are missing and few don't work properly. If ur work depends much on phone I would say hold it, otherwise have a try.

Hussain Saify

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Do not install technical preview build 10051 . Right now it is full of bugs wait till a stable build is out . I installed it yesterday and now going back to windows 8.1:cry::cry:

Pratyush Jena

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Definitely very buggy! but then it's not even beta. It's alpha build so we can expect bugs. I installed win10 today, finding difficult to navigate a few things. While switching off I see the "goodbye" on the left side of the screen. Also don't know if cortana alpha for India is available for win10. In my regional format (set to India) it's not working. will try downloading a few apps once again. also the new people hub is nice but I would have loved if they reverted back to windows 8 hub. Anyways fiddling with the phone to see what else is available.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
If this is your main phone I think it's best to wait until later. Right now it isn't daily driver material unless you're comfortable living on the edge. I have a spare 620 currently running this build and its really buggy.

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It is a very slow UI. Apart from that it runs okay. If you are relying on your 620, don't update, otherwise go for it and help Microsoft find bugs

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Pratyush ,

How to update windows 10 to Lumia 620.?

Thanks.,
Prakalathan .k
I have installed windows 10 on my 620 which is a secondary device. There are quite a lot of bugs as listed below:
1. Dialler sometimes fail to open and a reset may help. helped in my case
2. Messaging default app fail to open, a reset may help. helped in my case.
3. Sometimes wwhen you hit on back arrow capacitive button, it automatically goes to the task manager mode and fail to respond. A screen lock and unlock will take u to home screen.
4. Outlook new app fails to show any contents iinside. I haven't come,across a workaround.
5. Action centre sometimes won't respond. Again lock and unlock will help.
9. IInsider hub doesn't work.
10. I am using a new battery and battery back ain't great.
11. New messaging notification and reply from,action,centre works most of the time. Sometimes it,doesn't.
12. There are two people tiles - People - with the new UI and People legacy with old UI without family room.

I will add more if I discover more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon