After installing W10 Preview, how do I take it off of Flight Mode?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after installing w10 preview, not even changing from flight mode

Hi everyone,

I'm having some big trouble with my Lumia 920 due to some update installation's problems. Here's the story :

I registrated on Windows Insider and installer the Windows Insider App on my phone. I choose the fast ring config , i went to check out the update for my phone , i downloaded the Win 10 TP and launched the installation. The phone rebooted and the gears appeared and the installation took ~ 20 min. Until this moment, everything was fine.
After the installation bar ( under the gears ) completed , my phone rebooted and it kept rebooting for 20 times with only the Nokia Logo appearing ( the 2nd phase of the installation : app/ data migration , didn't appear ).
Because of these unexpected and never-ending reboots , i had to soft reset my phone.
After the soft reset , the phone started normally , the nokia logo appeared then the Windows Logo and finally my lockscreen. I typed my lockscreen password and all i've got was a black start screen and nothing else. The action center / notification bar doesn't appear when i swipe , neither do the application list. Just the fuzzy lockscreen and nothing else.

EDIT : It's getting worse since my computer doesn't detect the phone since the update. I'm using very various tools and the Windows Explorer & Recovery Tool can't detect the 920.
I'm thinking about hard resetting the phone.

Anybody else got this problem ?

Thanks.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: after installing w10 preview, not even changing from flight mode

Hi everyone,

I'm having some big trouble with my Lumia 920 due to some update installation's problems. Here's the story :

I registrated on Windows Insider and installer the Windows Insider App on my phone. I choose the fast ring config , i went to check out the update for my phone , i downloaded the Win 10 TP and launched the installation. The phone rebooted and the gears appeared and the installation took ~ 20 min. Until this moment, everything was fine.
After the installation bar ( under the gears ) completed , my phone rebooted and it kept rebooting for 20 times with only the Nokia Logo appearing ( the 2nd phase of the installation : app/ data migration , didn't appear ).
Because of these unexpected and never-ending reboots , i had to soft reset my phone.
After the soft reset , the phone started normally , the nokia logo appeared then the Windows Logo and finally my lockscreen. I typed my lockscreen password and all i've got was a black start screen and nothing else. The action center / notification bar doesn't appear when i swipe , neither do the application list. Just the fuzzy lockscreen and nothing else.

EDIT : It's getting worse since my computer doesn't detect the phone since the update. I'm using very various tools and the Windows Explorer & Recovery Tool can't detect the 920.
I'm thinking about hard resetting the phone.

Anybody else got this problem ?

Thanks.

yes do a hard reset if you could find it under settings. and preferably roll back to 8.1 . also reboot the device once it is attached to the pc this will reinstsll the required drivers and the device will be recognised. ;) good day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6