Did you received Office 365 free for 1Yr?

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, 640XL buyers

First of all I welcome all to this beautiful device along with 640 buyers. I would like to ask you people if you were able to claim Office 365 free subscription and also 1Tb of one drive storage. If so, let me know how to claim it. If you don't know it, join the thread and wait here for help from fellow WC team as well as Microsoft.

Thank you folks :)

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
That's really a good question, if we find any option for free upgrade that's good but this one drive is helpful if you have any documents that to be done exclusively on MS Office. So there is no need to carry all the files.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Indeed. I would like to know about this as well. I'm fine with Office 365 expiring but I hope to keep the 1TB of space on OneDrive if that's possible. Anyone from MS can confirm??

Click on the "Get more storage" link on your OneDrive page. It will show your current plans and their expiration dates.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So it's officially confirmed that the subscription we receive is just for PC & tablet.

Yes, just for PC and Tablet, because it's already included with your phone for the life of the phone.

As far as the 1TB goes, if you don't continue the paid subscription after one year, then it becomes read only where you can still access the files (in order to back them up) and you can delete them, but you cannot update the files and you cannot add new files after the year expires.

nobbynobrains

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone have Office working with the 365 personal free gift on a 640?
I got the code with the free gift app, got Office 365 on my PC but on the phone in the Office app, when I select Office 365 it goes into setup and asks me for my email/password and then says there's been an error. My licence is on the same user/pwd as my live account. I'm being passed around at M$ on this. Was I supposed to do something more th>n download and install Office 365 (2013)?

Thanks,
Brian.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Op.,
The personal plan of Office 365 states that it gives you access for 1 PC and 1Tablet for 1 year along with 1Tb of online storage. As your email address which you have linked to ur device is same as the one on which the code had been activated. So forget about the setup process, if you have another account that is related to work or your organization where another Office 365 account is present then only you have to use it.
For more clarification, click here check the post #8. i have uploaded pictures of the same :)

Hi,

Does anyone have Office working with the 365 personal free gift on a 640?
I got the code with the free gift app, got Office 365 on my PC but on the phone in the Office app, when I select Office 365 it goes into setup and asks me for my email/password and then says there's been an error. My licence is on the same user/pwd as my live account. I'm being passed around at M$ on this. Was I supposed to do something more th>n download and install Office 365 (2013)?

Thanks,
Brian.

nobbynobrains

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
So as I suspected then, the Office 365 app only works with a company 365 account. I am going to try support later to either get it sorted or for them to admit that it will not work.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I am sure they won't say a word. I have raised the issue to level 2 at support but then I had noticed the ad in an Indian newspaper for 640XL ad. Which i shared it here in the forums. You can check it too. I have quoted it in my previous post

So as I suspected then, the Office 365 app only works with a company 365 account. I am going to try support later to either get it sorted or for them to admit that it will not work.

nobbynobrains

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I cannot say if the product key would expire but the offer had an expiry date after getting the activation code - I can't remember what it was though, sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos