I have an unlocked Lumia 1520 and cannot get or send MMS messages. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an unlocked Lumia 1520 and cannot get or send MMS messages.

I am on consumer cellular and I have set all my MMS settings as per the at&t recommendations. I get internet fine and regular text messages but no MMS. Any help will be appreciated. Consumer Cellular said sometimes the Windows phones just don't always work for MMS. Not really buying that answer.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have an unlocked Lumina 1520 and cannot get or send MMS messages.

Hello, You might have to bring the phone to your nearest ATT store to let them have a look or contact them online :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Try these settings from Mobile Phone Carrier Settings for Consumer Cellular - United States

Capture.JPG

If those do not work change "WAP gateway (URL)" to: 66.209.11.33

If you need more help you will have to join the site to be able to reply in this thread... Please write down what values you tried or resources you looked at...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Please write down what values you tried or resources you looked at...

Tried the reset...no luck.

So you tried with the alternate WAP gateway (URL) value I provided? Sorry, but your response is unclear. Reset to me means a Soft Reset of the phone or a Hard Reset - not testing of MMS settings values.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have an unlocked Lumia 1520 and cannot get or send MMS messages.

Alternatively... They are showing me T-Mo compliant settings. Are you sure it is an ATT compatible SIM you are using?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have an unlocked Lumia 1520 and cannot get or send MMS messages.

Do you have option under messaging "Automatically download mms" tried unchecking that and make sure the SMS phone number is correct below that.

D o u g

May 4, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 101900

If those do not work change "WAP gateway (URL)" to: 66.209.11.33

If you need more help you will have to join the site to be able to reply in this thread... Please write down what values you tried or resources you looked at...

I have been trying to get MMS working on my Nokia Lumia 635 (on Consumer Cellular) but haven't been successful yet. When I try the settings above the save button is grayed out. Does something need to be entered into the MMSC (URL) field?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon