Orderthe new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021 right here!

Hi all,

So I've been having issues on my Lumia 635 with the camera. Im getting mostly horizontal bands of colour, usually purple, in my photos.

First noticed the issue on low light photo, days after buy handset from Tesco. Spoke to Microsoft of Twitter, sent examples, no joy. Took back to Tesco and exchange the handset for a new 635 no problem. This 635 had same issues. Went through Microsoft Twitter again, no ideas.

Took phone to Microsoft care point. They had it a couple of days and told me they had replaced the camera. But, still getting same issues, now occurs in outdoor shots in good light conditions.

Anyone have similar experience? Or have any ideas? Microsoft just suggested taking it back to care point.

Doesn't happen on every photo, when it does its usually visible in bottom quarter of image.
    04-13-2015 03:56 AM
    Hi all,

So I've been having issues on my Lumia 635 with the camera. Im getting mostly horizontal bands of colour, usually purple, in my photos.

First noticed the issue on low light photo, days after buy handset from Tesco. Spoke to Microsoft of Twitter, sent examples, no joy. Took back to Tesco and exchange the handset for a new 635 no problem. This 635 had same issues. Went through Microsoft Twitter again, no ideas.

Took phone to Microsoft care point. They had it a couple of days and told me they had replaced the camera. But, still getting same issues, now occurs in outdoor shots in good light conditions.

Anyone have similar experience? Or have any ideas? Microsoft just suggested taking it back to care point.

Doesn't happen on every photo, when it does its usually visible in bottom quarter of image.
    Do you have a sample photo that you can share with us here in the forums?
    04-13-2015 12:08 PM
    Hi, yeah I have done samples photos (I deleted most of them, thinking problem had been solved) however, tapatalk keeps crashing whenever I try to post a photo. Please bear with until I can post from a desktop :-)
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-16-2015 06:50 AM
    No problem. Post when convenient.
    04-16-2015 07:38 AM
    Here are two quick examples, before tapatalk crashes again. Photo of river, check out bottom left corner area
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20150428_026.jpg   instagramcapture_cd62a723-f329-47d2-95ea-44da7c8234c9.jpg  
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-29-2015 05:40 AM
    Now this app seems a little stable, I'll dig out the more obvious examples. Any ideas?
    04-29-2015 05:41 AM
    The obvious question would be are you using a case or a cover over the camera lens? There isn't any type of plastic over the lens? Also, don't use any type of ordinary cleaning agents on the lens area--microfiber cloth is it, and maybe a little hot breath. (Seriously, breath on the glass and use that little bit of moisture with the microfiber cloth to clean it.) If the lens is clean and not covered I would chalk it up to a defect of some sort.
    04-29-2015 08:35 AM
    Hi, no case, nothing covering the lens. All the care point did was replace the camera and issue is still there. Thinking either they didn't replace camera our there's something else at play outwith the actual camera module
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-29-2015 08:57 AM