[L640] It's finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it because the inherently evil carriers rule everything?

I think so.

For a while there I was believing T-Slo was championing customer wants and needs.
Seems like a 2 headed beast now with customer service being clueless then the corporate talking heads promising the world.

Maybe one day another evil empire like Comcast\NBC can take over and offer cheap or freebie Wi-fi nationwide and destroy these meanie carriers.
There's may be a large group of wi-fi only users for data anyway.

The more I read about US carriers the more I want to run away.
Ah well who am I other than yet another poor victim on the battlefield...

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
When I had T-Mobile they are horrible at releasing any information on anything. I remember last October charging them on Twitter about Lumia cyan on my 925; all they gave me was stay tuned coming soon. They're customer service is horrid. One of the reasons why I left for AT&T.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
When I had T-Mobile they are horrible at releasing any information on anything. I remember last October charging them on Twitter about Lumia cyan on my 925; all they gave me was stay tuned coming soon. They're customer service is horrid. One of the reasons why I left for AT&T.
It's the problem with company trendy social media departments - yep, they can sit there in hipster jeans with asymmetric haircuts and "engage" with customers, but they're a long way from the people who actually know what's going on. Customers get a quick response, but it's usually pointless.
Write a letter, on the other hand, and you'll get into a different process.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
We're still waiting for the 735 on Verizon so likely another 6 months for the 640. Lets hope they realize this is not how to release phones sometime soon: Hype a release and then not provide it for 6 months when people are then salivating over the next release.. Indefinite non purchase ensues.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's amazing that we still don't know anything they can't gain any marketshare with flopped releases like this
My guess would be that, having found an atlas on a dusty bookshelf recently, they're looking at greater penetration to unsaturated markets. Like BRIC.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That is a great thing about Apple - they announce and release. We have an announcement, and by the time the phone reaches store shelves, it has already sunk into complete irrelevancy.

My wife needs a replacement for the 521, and I wish I had acted quickly on the 830 flash sale. Waiting for the 640 for 2 months now...

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
We're still waiting for the 735 on Verizon so likely another 6 months for the 640. Lets hope they realize this is not how to release phones sometime soon: Hype a release and then not provide it for 6 months when people are then salivating over the next release.. Indefinite non purchase ensues.

By the time Verizon releases the 735, it will be more than 9 months since the initial phone release back in Sept.

It is taking them longer than it does for a child to be born. That is also ages in terms of technology. It is even longer in terms of the Lumia 735, whose hardware is outperformed by the 822 released fall 2012. Unbelievable. I thought Microsoft would do better.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
This phone will be a huge hit at $89. I bought the 521 two years ago for $86. This is a big upgrade in all but the camera button. In fact, I've been waiting patiently to get this for my wife, as her 521 is dying but she likes Windows Phone and is on T-Mobile.

I hope it will be well below the $249 price on Expansys.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
We're in the last week of April heading to May. I doubt there will be any announcement this week, so well check back again next month

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone saw the $89 dollar price? I think that wasn't meant to be. The site page is taken down now.

I'll believe that price when I see it, especially from T-Mobile, who doesn't subsidize their models as much as other carriers. AT&T is pretty much always cheaper. I just think that was a copy of an old cheap phone page with all the data plugged in, but the price wasn't updated because it wasn't set yet. It would be a steal at that price, but look at BLU's Win HD LTE pricing and I don't believe it one bit. BLU came in under Nokia/MS last time around.

PretzelLogix

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I was already prepared to pay $150 to $200, so $89 would be gravy. But if it's not, oh well... No big loss.

If they would just release the darn phone already, things would be fantastic. What I can't figure out is why they (MS/T-Mobile) have sat on this phone for so long... The peak of excitement was a few weeks back. They're just killing their own sales right now by delaying this any further.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
If they would just release the darn phone already, things would be fantastic. What I can't figure out is why they (MS/T-Mobile) have sat on this phone for so long...

I was thinking about this the other day. The TMO page says it will have WiFi calling. Wonder if part of it is getting that ready - I'm assuming it doesn't do that out of the box. I have no idea if it's even software or firmware (or both) that needs to be added/updated, but I suspect that is part of it.

​But yeah, sooner rather than later would be better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel