[L640] It's finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Managed to disable the notifications finally on my wife's Lumia so I decided to purchase a second one for myself. I figure at $99 if Microsoft decided to give up on Windows phone it's not a big loss, but with Windows 10 coming and the changes afoot I figure they're not giving up on it for a good while yet. Anyway I do like the Camera.

It worked, I take it? If so, you're welcome.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It worked, I take it? If so, you're welcome.
Well obviously it did if I said that I managed to disable the notifications. Thanks :)

Second question, do you know why my contacts in my online account are not syncing to my phone? I have forced a manual sync under email+accounts but so far nothing has come across.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No problem. If I can at least get my contacts over, then I can begin actually using it as a phone lol
Never mind, I thought that since the Google connected contacts appeared online in my People App, they also sync to the phone. A light bulb went off and I realized I have to add the Google account separately on my phone too and they have to be tagged as "My Contacts". I'm now good to go.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This thread has gone from grumblings to rejoicing. How excellent. I'm loving getting to know this steal of a device. I just mailed back my JUMP upgrade iPhones! Here's to saving $80 extra a month.

Anyone have any questions, feel free to message me.

wagnerj1971

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
To all the waiting fans in the US, the 640 is not good handworked, the backside is wobbly and fits not 100%. I had 2 of them at home, and checked them also in a megastore. So don't be das.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A300FU mit Tapatalk

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
To all the waiting fans in the US, the 640 is not good handworked, the backside is wobbly and fits not 100%. I had 2 of them at home, and checked them also in a megastore. So don't be das.
Don't confuse a company having a different objective than you as being not good. The back cover is a soft material by design which definitely will dissipate impacts better. In this phone the back is not structural. I'm perfectly fine with it being this way with all four that I bought.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't confuse a company having a different objective than you as being not good. The back cover is a soft material by design which definitely will dissipate impacts better. In this phone the back is not structural. I'm perfectly fine with it being this way with all four that I bought.
Not sure what he is meaning here as my two fit pretty snug. Seems to be pretty well made to me. I also never had any issues with my Nokia 521.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So far we're loving this phone. Today though, I came across another reason why Windows Phone is finding a hard time making inroads.

Since the camera is so good my wife wanted to print out a particular photo she took today via the FujiFilm Kiosk in Walmart. Like many in this digital age we rarely make physical prints, and at first I thought no problem just Bluetooth it across and we're done right? Well things have obviously changed since we last did this as the Bluetooth ability has gone now and you're left with USB and WiFi. Ok no problem I think, only neither of them will work since it asks that you download either an Android or iOS app first. So much for a universal device world. Of course there are other ways to get photos printed from your phone but this is just one more convenience that has been locked down to particular devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05