I LOVE this phone!

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Got it purely to test out windows 10/TP - ended up starting to use it as my daily phone ... over a 1520.3 !!

I'm just loving the smaller size, and rockin' the neon yellow case!

Sure, the lack of a selfie camera is the only real thing that I'm missing. the 5MP rear camera is perfect for instagram/facebook shots. ProShot works amazing on this! -- If I wanted to take proper pictures, then I would use my 1520/1020, but for everyday knocking about, this phone is a gem! and all for fifty bucks!!

very pleasantly surprised!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree with you. I'm in the same boat. Got it as a backup after cracking the screen on my 830 and it became my daily driver after about an hour! FYI, you can get different color shells @the Microsoft store website for about $10.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
yup! I got the ATT version in boooooring black!! :) - went to the nearest MS Store and got the orange one and the yellow for $7.50 each (didn't want the green)

I then ordered a matte white one from eBay -- my 1520 and 1020 are white, and I have the white purity wired headphones - (match-y/match-y!!) the only other color shell I want is the 'boost' blue - but I don't know where you can buy that separately online -- anyone know by any chance?

walrusmonarch

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
This really is an amazing little phone! My neighbor kept raving about how great windows phone 8.1 was. So I went on to google to find a nice cheap windows phone to try out. I wasn't expecting too much to be honest.

Well, I am so happy that I was wrong. I love this thing! I was a bit worried about adjusting seeing as I am coming from android and this is my first windows phone. I like it so much I think I am gonna use it over my Moto X 2014 PE!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing that at one point you were able to get this phone for only $29!!!! Think about it, some people pay almost $700 for an iPhone!

flipmack

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of going back to my 635 and selling my 1520...my new job requires that I wear business-appropriate clothes, so I'm walking around with the phone in my pocket...and the 1520 l not really pocket-friendly...

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Funny - same story. Bought it to test WP10, and was most impressed. In my case, I sold my 930, planning to use an 830 as my daily (using an interim 920 right now, which is also impressive). Probably still going with the 830 because I like the 5 inch screen, but the 635 is a phone that is capable beyond its price tag.

The thing that amazes me is similar to an article on the main page yesterday - the WP system is relatively consistent, regardless of the cost of the platform you're running it on.

I liked the first one so much (had a cracked screen), that I bought a few more (also cracked). I bought screens to refurbish them, so now I'm sitting on several very good condition 635's.

I don't know how these only sell for $50 - it sure seems like they should go for more than that. Since I've now got a few, I sure wish they sold for more!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Why do people switch from the 930 to the 830?

For me, it was about LTE. The 930 doesn't get LTE on AT&T. I didn't think it would be a problem, because I am usually on wifi when I need network service.

But, I travel quite a bit. On my last trip, I was in many places where wifi was not available. I had the phone tethered to the Surface Pro, and it was almost impossible at times to do any work online.

That made it clear I needed LTE again (I used to do this on the 920, and it worked great). So, I now have an 830, and a 1520 inbound. I think, though, the 1520 screen will be too big, so I will likely sell that. I really liked the 5 inch screen, but I really like the 930 camera.

So, I am going to alternate using the two of them, and compare them side by side, and pick one, and sell the other. Right now, I am leaning towards the 830, because the camera seems good enough, and the screen works for me. I think the 1520 will be too big.

How's that for an answer? Guess I should've just said LTE.

EDIT: I think the 930 is the best phone I've ever owned. If it got LTE for me, no way I would've given it up. It was fantastic in every regard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786