lumia 635 is stuck on the "nokia" boot screen

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
ok so this is not my phone its my brothers so idk how he used it.

last night his phone wouldn't charge and today it powers on, goes to the Nokia boot screen then crashes and restarts. after doing this about 4 times, it then just stays on the Nokia boot screen until you take the battery out.

factory resetting the phone, soft resetting the phone, and taking the battery out, cooling it and then turning on the phone has not helped.

any other way to fix this? I should point out that there is condensation underneath the camera lens.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Condensation underneath the camera lens (or lens cover) doesn't look good - moisture might have made its way into the phone internal circuitry. This could have resulted in shorted circuits within the phone cavity.

You could try keeping your phone (without the battery) in a very dry place, such as in a bag or jar with uncooked rice or in a desiccator. Keep it there for at least 24 hours and observe whether or not the condensation disappears. Make sure that the battery isn't connected to prevent further damage. If or when the condensation disappears, try booting the phone up again.

If removing the condensation didn't work or if the condensation didn't disappear, it may be time to take the phone to a service center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss