How can I extend my Lumia 520 battery life?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to extend my lumia 520 battery life

battery extending in lumia 520

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to extend my lumia 520 battery life

Welcome to Windows Central.

Basically, the less features you use the longer the battery life will be. Disable all the features that you don't need or think that are not essential. Here's a quick list that you may want to review:
1. Head over to Battery Saver and prevent unnecessary apps from running in the background.
2. Connect to Wi-Fi whenever possible, since Wi-Fi uses less power compared to mobile data on a per MB per second basis.
3. Decrease the screen brightness.
4. Stay in places where cellular connections are stable - weak cellular connections cause the phone antenna to keep on searching for alternative cellular sites, which is a very power-intensive activity.
5. Disable phone vibration.
6. Disable all other features, such as Location tracking.
7. Bonus: Don't use your phone at all - battery life will be at a maximum, reaching several months, with absolutely no phone activity.

Of course, the last one was a joke - but with the same tone, excessive phone activity will evidently decrease battery life. Playing a lot of games with or without sophisticated graphics will always decrease battery life, mainly due to processor activity and screen activation. So whenever you would be needing extended battery life (e.g. while traveling), make sure to conserve power.

Additionally, you may also buy a portable battery pack. This won't technically extend the battery life of your phone, but you will be able to charge your phone whenever it starts to dry up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos