Lumia 540 Bugs & Defects

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 540 has just been announced just a notch above its predecessor, the Lumia 535. Have you recently bought one yourself? Have you felt that something was not right with it or wasn't working well? Some hiccups or snags? If "yes", then fire off below and let us know what you've found.

[TIP]Here are some useful information:

Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to check your phone up - head over to this Microsoft FAQ page for more info.

Make sure to check the official Windows Phone 8 How-to Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]

[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. This can be done by going to your phone Settings > about > tap on reset your phone. You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The Windows Phone Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]

Remember to describe the bugs and defects you find as detailed as you can: let us know your phone model and then what happened leading to the bug or how you found the defect. This way, our members would be able to help you quickly and accurately.

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Major bug, no Gorilla glass 3 on a 5" screen. Also the GPU, Adreno 302, is weak for displaying the resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density), there could be overheating issues and battery drain, perhaps thats why they use 2200mAh battery in L540 instead of the 1900mAh from L535.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Major bug, no Gorilla glass 3 on a 5" screen. Also the GPU, Adreno 302, is weak for displaying the resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density), there could be overheating issues and battery drain, perhaps thats why they use 2200mAh battery in L540 instead of the 1900mAh from L535.

Not sure if this/these is/are a/[null] bug/s. Sounds rather like a set of hardware limitations.

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
i want to highlight a problem. i recently bought and it has serious yellowness in image captured. i have to use manual control to change white balance and increase shutter to take a decent photo....

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
i can play 1080 videos using vlc player,, anyone of you can confirm yellowish tint in image captured by lumia 540?

bdaoud

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The keyboard on my 540 that I bought last week keep disappearing, even after doing a hard reset. This is very frustrating. Any help?

szchoudri

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Lumia 540 Dual Sim today. I have a problem with the Camera Flash. It does not work. Ive changed settings everywhere and tried a bunch of different flashlight apps from the Store. The flash does not work at all. It does not even flicker or show a dim light. Just stays off.

Anyone else facing this issue? I'll be calling up Nokia Care and asking them for an appointment tomorrow. I will keep this thread updated with the situation.

szchoudri

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
[Update]

I called up Nokia Care helpline and they told me to go to the retailer first instead of the Care Point. I took the device to the retailer and he checked but couldnt figure out what caused the flash to not work.
Anyways he verified the device was not opened and checked the receipts and warranty cards. He then replaced the device with a new one.
The new one is working fine.

However I have Noticed that the following do not work on Lumia 540 Dual SIM with Windows 8.1 Update 2:

* Lumia Panorama
* Lumia Cinemagraph
* Glance

When they are opened in the store, it says phone not supported.

Ehsun Shahid

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Just updated my lumia 540 dual sim to windows phone 10 preview (slow), and now having list of issues with it.

1. SD card not getting detected (sometimes).
2. Lock screen is blank, there is the photo there but no time, alarm indication, calendar shown there.(photo attached).
3. My screen just went half way (once).
4. for once i want internet explorer back, cause Microsoft edge is fails to load pages majority of time, and the worst I cannot swipe to browse (left right swipe for back and forward option respectively).
5. Its slow :cry:

Pooja Reddy

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 540 suddenly has lost its mobile network signals. When I tried to put it in Airplane mode, it didn't go. Then I tried to shut the phone down and manually restart it. But while restarting, it went into an infinite loop of restarting. The phone is restarting and displaying the start screen for 15 secs and then automatically restarting. I hard resetted the phone thrice and now it doesn't even show the start screen. The phone restarts before start screen appears.

Any help would be heartily appreciated!

apoorv lall

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Camera App and Here Maps are crashing on launch.
Phone running slow.
Restarting and Battery removing did not help.

Lumai 540 dual sim
Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2
OS version 8.10.15137.148

Around 750 Mb is free in phone memory and 10 GB in SD card

Please hep

Last edited:

Rajdeep Anand

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
The notification number showing WhatsApp messages doesn't exceed 99. Only two characters have been given for the number of messages, ideally it should be 3.

Last edited:

scoop1567

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I just discovered that sound recorded on Lumia 540 (from Lumia Camera, audio recording apps, etc) has a clicking noise to it. It is slight but you can notice it, like two cliks every second.
I have 2 Lumia 540s, one with WP8.1 and one with W10M TP, they both exhibit the same problem.

Try to listen to the video clip.

Please, try to record a video from your Lumia 540 and verify if you have this problem.

shri

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
How to update Lumia 540 without wifi??
Many of my apps are not working.. When m trying to open its automatically gets kicked out.. Need help..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss