Why is my phone saying can't send text messages?

W

WPCentral Question

Phone saying "can't send" text messages.

Up until 4/15/15, my phone has had little to know issues with text messaging, except for sometimes the keyboard will lock up.

But all of a sudden, 4/15/15, my phone has had issues sending text messages.

Sometimes it will tell me that my message wasn't sent, and I will go to resend the message, only to hear from the person I was messaging that I sent them the text multiple times, and yet, on my end the message never sent.

Other times, it just wont send the message at all!

And when it does send the message, and I get a response, I don't get the reply until almost an hour AFTER the sender original sent the response.

I thought it was just an error with the high winds, but then it would start sending them again with the winds, and it would stop sending them without the winds.

Then I thought it was an error with Sprint, only to find out, I am the only one in my house having this problem(I am the only one with a Nokia)

I have a Nokia Lumia 635, I have Sprint as my carrier, and my phone is at the current update (8.1, Denim).
My person(s) I have been texting all are in the USA.

Also to note, my phone will do this to everyone I message. Regardless of their phone or carrier.
I tried looking online for a solution, only to see other people have had this issue with the Lumia Denim update.

This is my first phone, in a really long time, and I was super excited to have a Nokia(main reason was Cortana, but I love the organization that the Windows Phone has), but this entire situation is making me wish I had gone with an Android like my family, or even an iPhone.

Any help is appreciated.

Added notes:
I have soft reset my phone multiple times, only to have the issues repeat almost immediately.
I have not hard reset my phone, as I read that is only a temporary fix, and I would much rather had a permanent fix.
I do not use SMS apps, as none for Windows Phone does what I need it to do.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Phone saying "can't send" text messages.

I'd speak to the network operator and check the APN settings are correct.
Being a reasonably complex query, I'd then speak to the network operator and check the APN settings are correct a second time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte