Why won't my lumia 830 flight mode turn off?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Nokia lumia 830 has been sent in for repairs because the ear speaker broke, and when I got it back, flight mode wont turn off. I have a sim card in and I know it works, but flight mode is stuck 'on'. Anybody else have this problem? Can anyone provide an answer?

Fredo North

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Same issue i am facing

1st loudspeaker issue
then flight mode stuck issue

The problem has hardware origin. There is a flat cable behind the battery, leading from the upper circuit board, to the bottom small circuit, which contains two microphones, and thle loudspeaker on it. The problem is with the contact on the upper circuit board - it's the wak point. Droping the Phone, or sittimg on it may cause contact fail, and get stuck in flight mode, or deaf microphone, or faulty loudspeaker, ect. You may try pressing the phone's back cover, between the camera and the lower volume button - if it is the contact issue, it may help. Or disassemble the plastic cover above battery, and try to disconnect-reconnect the cabe. It has very tiny precise contacts, so be careful, not to deform them! I had to put some layers of sticky tape on the connector, to have a constant pressure on it when i screwed the plastic cover back. It solved my deaf microphone and flight Mode issue.

alex741g

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
The problem has hardware origin. There is a flat cable behind the battery, leading from the upper circuit board, to the bottom small circuit, which contains two microphones, and thle loudspeaker on it. The problem is with the contact on the upper circuit board - it's the wak point. Droping the Phone, or sittimg on it may cause contact fail, and get stuck in flight mode, or deaf microphone, or faulty loudspeaker, ect. You may try pressing the phone's back cover, between the camera and the lower volume button - if it is the contact issue, it may help. Or disassemble the plastic cover above battery, and try to disconnect-reconnect the cabe. It has very tiny precise contacts, so be careful, not to deform them! I had to put some layers of sticky tape on the connector, to have a constant pressure on it when i screwed the plastic cover back. It solved my deaf microphone and flight Mode issue.

Thanks Fredo. This was exactly the problem with my wife’s Nokia. The only difference was that the bottom end of the cable was disconnected, near the microphone/loudspeaker. Whoever has a problem with flight mode not switching off should check this first. After reconnecting the cable, the problem was fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb