Which lumia for elderly family member...928?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...hope to get some good direction about the 928 or other possible Verizon windows phones. I am looking to get my elderly mother off the crappy iphone my brother gave her (4s). It is just to difficult to keep her using the phone without forgetting how to navigate the UI.

Since I have also been a recent convert to a windows phone (Icon), from different android devices....I'm more than convinced that windows phones are the way to go for ease of use and fluid glitch free UI.

Being with Verizon does not offer me too many choices. But would a good condition used 928 work well with battery life and build quality in mind firstly compared to other verizon windows offerings?

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a 928 to an Icon. While the Icon is a much nicer phone, when I was using my 928 I had no plans on upgrading to the Icon until I dropped it and the screen cracked.

It's a good phone. Almost identical in size to the Icon in spite of the smaller display. Great battery life and good build quality. As long as you're getting a better price on a used 928 over the the new Samsung ATIV S and the HTC One M8, it's a good option.

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I got my elderly parents LG flip phones. I'm lucky enough that they can even figure out how to make calls on those.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it does depend on her - can she handle it, and poke around a bit on her own when she needs too?

Just got one for my own mom over the winter, actually. She needed a new camera, and she had been using various crappy Tracfones (flip) for calls.

She got the 928 first, and got used to it (even got herself a Qi pad for it!) and when her prepaid minutes about ran out, I worked on getting her set up with something better.

The camera is fantastic, the volume level on the main speaker is great, etc etc. Not a bad choice at all.

Edit: think I paid a shade over 100 on eBay for one. Would try to keep it right around there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro