How long do you need to charge it the 1st time to format the battery?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
As the title says. How long do you need to charge a Lumia 640 the 1st time to format the battery?

Does it even need it? I always read online that nowadays you don't need formatting, other people say that you still need, or that it's simply faster to do it once.

So how is it ?

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No special procedures are needed, although some people may claim there is. Just charge the battery as often and for as long as you need to. Whatever you do, the battery will easily out last the time you'll have your phone.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Modern Li-po batteries do not need a run in. Just charge it up and don't worry about it. Battery power is like the gas in your car. You fill it up and use as required. You drive for 10 hours solid it will be empty. You drive for a couple of hours a day it will see out most of the week. Too many people on here think a phone has weak battery life if it doesn't last 2 days with almost constant intensive use. Truth is most phones manage between 6-10 screen on hours depending on what's also running on idle. I get over a day on my old 820 which has a tiny battery...I am fairly sure I could empty it in 6 hours if I tried though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes