1520 still worth buying?

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I am probably in the minority here but I sanded my back cover down and repainted it with plastidip. now it has a supper grippy feel and if I decide I want another color I can peel it and repaint it with another color! :winktongue:

And yes these phones have plenty of parts left available and I sell at least one a week still. Nice ones are not hard to find.

Do you sell these plastidip back covers?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I am probably in the minority here but I sanded my back cover down and repainted it with plastidip. now it has a supper grippy feel and if I decide I want another color I can peel it and repaint it with another color! :winktongue:

And yes these phones have plenty of parts left available and I sell at least one a week still. Nice ones are not hard to find.

Do you have a color on yours other than black white yellow or red right now? If so could I see pictures?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

ScrubbyXD

If you make a How To Thread with Pics we will get it stickied and many users will be grateful to you. What do you say?

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have some time off tomorrow. I'll see if I can wrangle up a decent camera.

I have to warn you though, the plastidip is not designed to be rubbed constantly and will eventually wear thin from your pocket. Granted thats all the more reason to peel it and try a new color out. LOL

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have some time off tomorrow. I'll see if I can wrangle up a decent camera.

I have to warn you though, the plastidip is not designed to be rubbed constantly and will eventually wear thin from your pocket. Granted thats all the more reason to peel it and try a new color out. LOL

could is see some photos of your 1520 with an alternate color on?

otoman45

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Although I loved the short lived happiness it provided me, I would really suggest against it. Either buy and hope to get lucky or get some long term insurance because mine only within 4 months started giving me serious camera troubles and "ghost" taps.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Although I loved the short lived happiness it provided me, I would really suggest against it. Either buy and hope to get lucky or get some long term insurance because mine only within 4 months started giving me serious camera troubles and "ghost" taps.
Mine had phantom taps from the very beginning. But I got rid of it. I am waiting for windows phone 10. Let's see what the final product looks like and if Microsoft wants to launch a flagship successor to the 1520. So, I'd pass for now unless you're going to get it for free or really cheap, like 100 bucks, off contract.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

Potzy2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 was great until recently, and phantom touch issues were horrific. I think I got one of very few bad models. When it was working it was an excellent phone and a great upgrade from the 920.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
just picked up one . I had the 1020 , loved the phone for its camera but was annoyed with its slow processing capabilities and had to let it go. swapped for the dual sim variant of the Lg g4 however battery drain was noticeable due to the two sims always being active in the device . picked up a refurbished 830, wasn't all too happy with its processing power as I found a marginal improvement over the 1020. sold that as well and was lucky to get a good 1520 which was almost new , din hesitate once and picked it up. the phone still is worth it

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I received mine yesterday and I am seeing why so many love it. I even had to buy one for my wife which will arrive tomorrow. Now my oldest son wants one, so I just sent him the links to the ones being sold on this forum. If anyone is looking for a good size and performing phone, I highly recommend it. I'm one that researches heavily before buying anything. I vetted this purchase with many owners (past and present), reviews, videos, hands-on, etc. It will take a major upgraded phone to make me move on from it. MS...the next move is yours!

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I ended up finding a mint RM-938 on eBay. They don't show up often, but I was able to find one that works and looks great. The owner was cleaning house after buying a new phone and tablet. Swappa was another place to look, but they go fast. Also don't forget the Marketplace here on WC! There's a lot of good ones here too up for sale. I would have picked up one here, but the wife was adamant on getting a red one.

crispy56

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I bought the 1520.3 on swappa in October. Enthusiastic is right, they do go fast on swappa. great phone and os. I'm running Windows 10 and so far so good. For reference I have a 6s plus sitting on the dresser. It's a great phone but I can't stay way from my 1520.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my beloved Lumia 830 (RM-985) unlocked model here on WC and moved on completely to my 1520. This phone is great, especially after one gets used to it's size. I have been using it with a Nillkin case for better grip and one handed use and this beast runs WM10 like a champ!

Last edited:

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, yes, it's still worth buying. I've just bought a second one after suffering intractable problems with my first one (caused by an incompetent repair from before I bought it).

Personally I really dislike W10M so have left my new one running WP8.1. It's a wonderful phone and I just love it.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Love my 1520's but be careful buying used. Many of those gorgeous ones have phantom touch issues. I bought a mint one "like new" in December and it had horrible digitizer issues.

Search for new, 230.00 is about right if you can afford it and DON'T upgrade to 10 until you test the screen deeply. Leave the phone in warm places and on, see if the glue loosens up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb